What Happens If I Start A Thread About That "Coronavirus" Thing...?

Greetings, All... S'Me. Yes There is already a Thread about this, but I did not want to possibly invite whatever may happen upon this Thread onto another (innocent!) User, so, I begin this separate Thread here (a bit like My "Climate Change" Thread).

In social media this is currently a hot/constant topic, and rightly so... yet I have certain views concerning it which I was wondering about. Please try to be nice and I apologise in advance if I offend/anger anyone...

https://www.express.co.uk/news/science/1233679/coronavirus-update-symptoms-flu-2020-china-flu-deaths

...Apologies that this is from "The Daily Express", but it is about the closest to what I M'self was thinking about this 'Coro-Flu'-Thing currently going on. Social Media *loves* to highlight Death, Destruction, Suffering, Contagion, etc. etc... but I have seen VERY few articles mentioning "survival rate" rather than "death rate" about Coro-Flu... and fewer articles pointing out that it is a version of INFLUENZA. 

I suffer badly from FLU Myself, and so do all of the things now recommended ("Social distancing", hand washing, etc.) as a matter of course. But now it is recommended for all to do...

In Japan, wearing face-masks is a common practice, for example. 

Also, in this Thread, I am carefully wondering about the following approach... Coro-Flu is just ordinary Influenza but has an "Identifiable Tag" of sorts; and that if *all* Influenza-s were able to be tracked in this way, then all of the statistics would be similar. (Regardless of starting point.)

...Pretty much post whatever You may want, anyone... I am seeking opinion. Even ordinary Influenza is not nice at all, but it is *not necessarily fatal*, and that is what was difficult to find out about this Coro-Flu-Thing.

Parents
  • Today i was in Home Bargains and noticed they've run out of the most random things.  Someone aparrently bought up most of the alcohol in the store, maybe 300 quids worth.  Loads of cushions have been sold, like 20+ to one person.  Stockpiling alcohol I can understand, but cushions.  My favourite Nairns Oatcakes, the yellow boxed ones, all gone but 2 boxes.  Its just complete mayhem.  As for toilet rolls and hand sanitiser, forget about it.  Oh and went to Decathlon to buy an EZ Curl bar, except this morning between 9 and 10, a bunch of people emptied out the entire fitness section at Decathlon, bars, dumbbells and most amusing all the olympic weights, some of which go for 50 quid a plate.

Also all my outpatients appointments were cancelled, but I managed to talk to both consultants on the phone.  The first was the Autism place I got diagnosed at.  It was my follow up appointment to talk about my ADHD, which will now be rescheduled at some time in the future.  The other was for asthma.  Both are squared away for now.

, maybe go shopping wearing one of these. Stuck out tongue

• It is getting a bit inconvenient for me and serious.

This evening I went out shopping and could not find any fresh eggs, I only have two left, fresh milk is also sold out, although I have 3 litres in my fridge and 7 litres of long life milk stored for emergencies.  Worst of all, Aldi had none of my favourite cheese and onion crisps! 

I will try shopping early tomorrow morning,  maybe the supermarkets will restock during the night.

• We were at Tescos at 7:30 this morning - took over 30 minutes just queueing for the tills!     They were rationing everything to a maximum of 2 of anything - even the stuff that was 'Buy 3 for £xx'.       And spending all that time confined in a tight space with a bunch of filthy strangers made it into a real 'dicing with death' experience.  Smiley

• We were at Tescos at 7:30 this morning - took over 30 minutes just queueing for the tills!     They were rationing everything to a maximum of 2 of anything - even the stuff that was 'Buy 3 for £xx'.       And spending all that time confined in a tight space with a bunch of filthy strangers made it into a real 'dicing with death' experience.  Smiley

Children
No Data