What Happens If I Start A Thread About That "Coronavirus" Thing...?

Greetings, All... S'Me. Yes There is already a Thread about this, but I did not want to possibly invite whatever may happen upon this Thread onto another (innocent!) User, so, I begin this separate Thread here (a bit like My "Climate Change" Thread).

In social media this is currently a hot/constant topic, and rightly so... yet I have certain views concerning it which I was wondering about. Please try to be nice and I apologise in advance if I offend/anger anyone...

https://www.express.co.uk/news/science/1233679/coronavirus-update-symptoms-flu-2020-china-flu-deaths

...Apologies that this is from "The Daily Express", but it is about the closest to what I M'self was thinking about this 'Coro-Flu'-Thing currently going on. Social Media *loves* to highlight Death, Destruction, Suffering, Contagion, etc. etc... but I have seen VERY few articles mentioning "survival rate" rather than "death rate" about Coro-Flu... and fewer articles pointing out that it is a version of INFLUENZA. 

I suffer badly from FLU Myself, and so do all of the things now recommended ("Social distancing", hand washing, etc.) as a matter of course. But now it is recommended for all to do...

In Japan, wearing face-masks is a common practice, for example. 

Also, in this Thread, I am carefully wondering about the following approach... Coro-Flu is just ordinary Influenza but has an "Identifiable Tag" of sorts; and that if *all* Influenza-s were able to be tracked in this way, then all of the statistics would be similar. (Regardless of starting point.)

...Pretty much post whatever You may want, anyone... I am seeking opinion. Even ordinary Influenza is not nice at all, but it is *not necessarily fatal*, and that is what was difficult to find out about this Coro-Flu-Thing.

• I literally could have written the same thing. I;m also feeling freaked out about the uncertainty, mainly uncertainty of how others will react and what they will try and pressure me to do. i'm off work due to personal risk factors for covid 19 and scared of pressure to go back and have to work without any protective measures in a risky environment.  Even though i dont want it, it would be much easier if i knew i would get fired.

• Greetings, Miss 'Flo... I think I have figured out how to reply to this quandary now... (sort of)...

Were I You, I would treat the affected persons in the usual (but most extreme) manner as if with "normal" Influenza. Whatever remedies work, stay away from inhaling their air, eat whatever works, all as usual. Influenza is a very bad thing & Pneumonia is at least just as bad.

Since only people with severe symptoms are getting tested, how can anyone be sure how prevalent the virus really is?

...I would agree with as "_PathFinder_" says, there. The difference is that This Coro-Thing has an 'identifiable TAG' of sorts. So whenever this ever blows over, 'They' might both test and vaccinate so-called "everyone" who has, this year, shown anything like Influenza for this "Covid-strain", and then find out who had it and who just had Influenza/Pneumonia/Whatever.

...In closing, No You are of course not being daft! (& Yes I cheer for Your Pokemon, but this is a serious reply!) Just like all of us here, if We can't move Abroad then then We are just waiting it out here in the UK. Good Fortune.

• ...This is at "Plectrum"'s reply. If I could upvote more than once, then I would - You seem to know exactly what I mean. Restricted from certain things, I *know* that I would wind up crippled or just die outright... This is actually why I put down "Wheat and Tap Water" there... these are two things which I have taken years to find out were actually very very very BAD for Me - but most others might even "recommend" (and still do at Me!)...

"Vitamin deficiencies" as You say, is totally what I mean as well. The vast majority here in London do enjoy staying indoors and just using the TV/Internet... but I wonder about those of Us who cannot. It has nothing to do with "Mentality" but to do with *Physicality*. This is a thing which has not much been addressed so far anywhere, along with lack of Internet or "support/Friends"...

• The Oberammergau Passion Play I was planning to go to in September has been out back until 2022. I still have the rest of the trip booked and in any event, I've already paid for much of it. We'll have to see how it goes.

• ...This is My "other bit after this" bit. For anyone curious about *Me* (... mind your own business I privately say!..)... but for starters, I usually buy Table Salt yet it took Me three days to get enough for My usual amount this time.

Here is a thing to note. I have Allergies, and My nose is *always* sniffling and I *always* have to blow it. Now -- I am aware that certain strangers seem to see this and react to avoid Me "like the plague". I might not mind, but I was asked by a checkout-person to "stand back" today whilst purchasing My usual items of Wine + The Financial Times...

...A little bit annoyed, I was going to leave, yet spotted a sandwich, and so returned to the same cashier, but this time there were two of them and other customers. The second cashier recognised Me as a regular, and so tolerated My standing close and sniffling! The first cashier asked not of a single other person  whom I saw, to 'stand back'... they were all there, standing close, business as usual, buying loads of Gift-Cards and Lottery-Tickets...

...The point of My waffling there, is this: If You have to blow Your nose just now in London... do it when no-one else is nearby to notice that.

Or something.

• ...Greetings. The starter, here again. Anyone let Me know if My "upvoting" is annoying... but as I can log on just now, I am saying that 'You Lot' are really great and awesome, still, so far... this Thread has turned out to be a Thread for 'keeping on' through all of this... not too extreme, not too depressing, but also with attempts at "lightening" the situation so far. Other Threads may begin upon the more serious aspects, and there is some of that here. But Thanks Everyone for the 'Autism Perspective' - the 'PRACTICAL perspective'... rather than seeing this awful business as opportunity for a fashion shoot or to sell stuff. I might post another bit after this. 

• Although the local supermarkets are all out off eggs,  the traditional city centre market had plenty, so I bought a pack of 30 eggs.

• Thanks so much for this heads up!.....

The construct is making its move!

Crysis precipitates change! Please stay where you are!.....

Bells are ringing ...and the order is singing!..

Their song has us enslaved!

• I am officially out of eggs,  I ate my last two this morning and then went out shopping.  No eggs anywhere.

People are still panic shopping.  My store in my flat seems inadequate for a long isolation.   I was counting my stock of goods at 3am this morning. 

• Thats brilliant!......ALmost made me cry with laughter....Just what i needed JoyJoyJoyRoflRoflRoflRoflRoflRofl

• The problem is that the lack of immunity to Covid-19 means that the number of cases requiring intensive care, especially ventilators threaten to overwhelm healthcare systems. Hence all this social distancing.

• From the website Ice Age Now:

“First, most people haven’t developed any immunity to it, so there are lots of human vectors. Second, people are contagious before they are symptomatic. Third, it easily develops into pneumonia in anyone with weakened lungs. The last is why it’s been so devastating in China and now South Korea. The air pollution in those countries has weakened the lungs of many people.”

“If you include every single known or estimated case of flu in the world then sure you can bring the death rate down to 0.1%. But if you more properly compare hospitalised flu cases with the hospitalised COVID-19 cases, the regular flu actually has a much higher mortality rate. 5.6% (in the US) compared with 1-3%. "

"Why this panic? To prevent infections we have to wash our hands not our brains.”

• No one knows.  Eventually they will have to test everyone to work out who has had it, who hastnt, who needs the vaccine, who has immunity.  The thing is, they are out of their depth.  No one has seen anything like this in their lifetime, in fact maybe since the Spanish Flu of 1918.  So its a play it by ear.  Probably by the weekend I would expect all schools to be on shutdown.  They already have in Northern ireland, Scotland and Wales.

But life goes on.

• Very sad to see people have let their dogs go for their mistaken belief :( I just want to rescue them! And those monkeys struggling without humans feeding them.... here was me thinking maybe there was a silver lining as the saying goes, I’m al this. Less cars on the road, people working from home also being good for pets because they had their humans with them for longer, maybe less time spent in cages etc.  Very strange times. 

• Thats a bad transaction....If you dream that agan tonight....Get a refund..providing you have the dream receipt with you..ThumbsupGrin

• My daughter has a cough and a raised temperature, and has been in contact with a boy at school who is now being tested for suspected coronavirus. She is therefore at home, and the whole family is going to have to self isolate for at least a week. Ordinarily, I would have just given her Calpol and let her have a few days off if necessary, and the rest of us would have carried on as normal. I have no idea whether or not this is "the one", or just some other cold or flu virus. Because "ordinary" colds are so frequent, surely there will be a lot of cases where no-one ever knows which it was?

Since only people with severe symptoms are getting tested, how can anyone be sure how prevalent the virus really is? I'm a lot more worried than I was now, and would welcome comments from anyone who thinks I'm being daft. Thank you.