What Happens If I Start A Thread About That "Coronavirus" Thing...?

Greetings, All... S'Me. Yes There is already a Thread about this, but I did not want to possibly invite whatever may happen upon this Thread onto another (innocent!) User, so, I begin this separate Thread here (a bit like My "Climate Change" Thread).

In social media this is currently a hot/constant topic, and rightly so... yet I have certain views concerning it which I was wondering about. Please try to be nice and I apologise in advance if I offend/anger anyone...

https://www.express.co.uk/news/science/1233679/coronavirus-update-symptoms-flu-2020-china-flu-deaths

...Apologies that this is from "The Daily Express", but it is about the closest to what I M'self was thinking about this 'Coro-Flu'-Thing currently going on. Social Media *loves* to highlight Death, Destruction, Suffering, Contagion, etc. etc... but I have seen VERY few articles mentioning "survival rate" rather than "death rate" about Coro-Flu... and fewer articles pointing out that it is a version of INFLUENZA. 

I suffer badly from FLU Myself, and so do all of the things now recommended ("Social distancing", hand washing, etc.) as a matter of course. But now it is recommended for all to do...

In Japan, wearing face-masks is a common practice, for example. 

Also, in this Thread, I am carefully wondering about the following approach... Coro-Flu is just ordinary Influenza but has an "Identifiable Tag" of sorts; and that if *all* Influenza-s were able to be tracked in this way, then all of the statistics would be similar. (Regardless of starting point.)

...Pretty much post whatever You may want, anyone... I am seeking opinion. Even ordinary Influenza is not nice at all, but it is *not necessarily fatal*, and that is what was difficult to find out about this Coro-Flu-Thing.

Parents
  • I’ll be honest, i’m starting to panic a bit now. But more about self isolation stuff. I’m in the bracket of people with pre existing medical conditions and may be told to self isolate like the over 70’s for what could be up to 4 months apparently. What panics me about this are some personal stuff to do with blood tests And medication I need administered by a nurse, but they’re not seen as life threatening, though they certainly feel so to me mentally, if I go without for a bit. I hope they’ll regard my potential mental health as important and don’t leave me waiting! I also have medical stuff I need that is a case of potential life and death where my leaving the flat to go for my treatment can’t be something I have to wait for. Beyond that it’s not so much the lack of contact with others, though i’m sure i’ll Start to feel the repercussions of no contact, but it’s the Idea of being stuck in one area for such a long length of time. I know that will drive me crazy. 

• Join the club on pre-existing conditions and panic.  I live with my parents that are in their 70's.  We all have pre-existing medical issues, mostly asthma and immune problems.  I have ASD and anxiety, ocd and general malaise mentally.  In the last two weeks I have used benzos far more than I normally do due to the news and the fact I am now worrying about getting the virus, infecting my parents, everyone dying.  I used to take maybe 1mg of diazepam in a month.  I used that much in the last 5 days.  Self isolating for 4 months doesnt worry me, but my parents are under the impression they can still go out and go cycling and walking, where as i see any isolation being more of a you can not leave your house for 4 months.  Which one is correct i dont know.  Add to that the fact my parents have recently travelled to two different countries in the world, and well that is enough to really get me going.  Also to top it off I have flu or some sort of bug that ticks some of the symptoms of covid but also ticks alot of the same symptoms for 99% of all the bugs we get in a year.  I am self isolating for 7 days.  Probably taking even more benzo to try and cope with the stress levels that seem to be rising by the day.

I normally go to the gym everyday and work out heavily to take care of the stress, but that isnt possible currently.  So I do expect it to get a little better.  I am also thinking of avoiding the news for the forseeable future.  If it comes for me and my ticket is up, I guess I will get to checkout of this bs life I currently have.

• Join the club on pre-existing conditions and panic.  I live with my parents that are in their 70's.  We all have pre-existing medical issues, mostly asthma and immune problems.  I have ASD and anxiety, ocd and general malaise mentally.  In the last two weeks I have used benzos far more than I normally do due to the news and the fact I am now worrying about getting the virus, infecting my parents, everyone dying.  I used to take maybe 1mg of diazepam in a month.  I used that much in the last 5 days.  Self isolating for 4 months doesnt worry me, but my parents are under the impression they can still go out and go cycling and walking, where as i see any isolation being more of a you can not leave your house for 4 months.  Which one is correct i dont know.  Add to that the fact my parents have recently travelled to two different countries in the world, and well that is enough to really get me going.  Also to top it off I have flu or some sort of bug that ticks some of the symptoms of covid but also ticks alot of the same symptoms for 99% of all the bugs we get in a year.  I am self isolating for 7 days.  Probably taking even more benzo to try and cope with the stress levels that seem to be rising by the day.

I normally go to the gym everyday and work out heavily to take care of the stress, but that isnt possible currently.  So I do expect it to get a little better.  I am also thinking of avoiding the news for the forseeable future.  If it comes for me and my ticket is up, I guess I will get to checkout of this bs life I currently have.

Children
No Data