I'm on my own

Hello, I'm having to go out on my own now and I'm scared. My dad has died and now that I'm 18 I have to do things for myself and I don't know what to do first. There's the house, mortgage to do which I don't understand at all! It's all so crazy and hard to accept. I hate the change, I hate everything

Parents
  • Hi! I’m really sorry to hear that you’re going through this. I’m 39 now but I lost my dad to cancer when I was 15. I lived with my dad prior to that as I didn’t and still don’t get on with my mum. I remember it being a very destabilising time. It seems that you are having to also take on a lot of responsibility at a very young age. Are there any other adult family members who could guide and support you with this?

In terms of practical support. CAB Citizens Advice Bureau May be helpful with debt management and helping you to understand documents etc. Also CAP Christians Against Poverty are a nationwide organisation who help with debt management and run budgeting and life skills courses regardless of your religious orientation or lack there of.

And I’m with what @Qliphoth said above. @Autistic Entrepreneur and @Slipstream , please show some respect for the subject matter of this thread and air your disputes elsewhere. It’s very disrespectful on this thread! 

• Totally agree...all i did was ask if he lived alone and he started..

End of now..! 

Reply Children
No Data