I'm on my own

Hello, I'm having to go out on my own now and I'm scared. My dad has died and now that I'm 18 I have to do things for myself and I don't know what to do first. There's the house, mortgage to do which I don't understand at all! It's all so crazy and hard to accept. I hate the change, I hate everything

Parents
  • Very sorry for your loss Angel Shot, that must be really tough at such a young age.  People often take out insurance on their mortgage to cover events such as this, it would be worth looking into the paperwork to see if this is the case with your dad's mortgage before you pay anything.  Also worth noting that creditors are usually quite understanding of the fact that it can take time to sort things out after someone dies, so try not to panic.  As Autistic Entrepreneur said, make a list by order of priority and take things one step at a time when you feel ready.

@Autistic Entrepreneur & @SlipStream, no harm to either of you, but this isn't the place to air your grievances.  A little consideration is in order.

• Very sorry for your loss Angel Shot, that must be really tough at such a young age.  People often take out insurance on their mortgage to cover events such as this, it would be worth looking into the paperwork to see if this is the case with your dad's mortgage before you pay anything.  Also worth noting that creditors are usually quite understanding of the fact that it can take time to sort things out after someone dies, so try not to panic.  As Autistic Entrepreneur said, make a list by order of priority and take things one step at a time when you feel ready.

@Autistic Entrepreneur & @SlipStream, no harm to either of you, but this isn't the place to air your grievances.  A little consideration is in order.

Children
No Data