We got the diagnosis!

Ds had his final assessment today - has now officially been diagnosed with Aspergers syndrome with aspects of ADHD (anxiety related) - they want to put him on flouoxetine (Prozac!) (anyone tried this? Results?) Sorry it's a bit blunt my brain is absolute mush - ex DH attended and wasn't particually supportive (was the 3di test) but couldn't actually argue with the results when he input the answers like I did! So that's it? 2 years of fighting tooth and nail, OT assessments, SALT assessments, meeting after meeting at school... Is it wrong to actually feel nothing? I'm numb - on one hand I'm massively relieved on the other hand I'm gutted! What a strange day.
Parents
  • My son started on fluoetine last February - he was 18 then. It has done him so much good and really helped his depression and general anxiety levels. It helped him break a pattern. He is so cheerful now, the GP is considereing weaning him off next febraury after his exams.

I agree with what others said about the later teenage years being very tough. My son wasn't diagnosed with aspergers until he was 17 and had sunk into depression which raised our concerns yet again.

• My son started on fluoetine last February - he was 18 then. It has done him so much good and really helped his depression and general anxiety levels. It helped him break a pattern. He is so cheerful now, the GP is considereing weaning him off next febraury after his exams.

I agree with what others said about the later teenage years being very tough. My son wasn't diagnosed with aspergers until he was 17 and had sunk into depression which raised our concerns yet again.

Children
No Data