Autism training for healthcare workers becoming mandatory!

It is beyond sad that it has taken a tragedy for this to happen, but I for one am glad that Autism training will soon be mandatory for ALL Healthcare staff!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-50301184

https://www.autism.org.uk/get-involved/media-centre/news/2019-11-05-government-plans-to-improve-care.aspx

Parents
  • I am supposed to have a very unpleasant Bowel Examination as I have Bleeding when I go to the toilet.  Twelve years ago they made the following adjustments I had an Anesthetic and they cleared my Bowels out with a Barem Emina before my Colonoscopy.  Now they are saying that I have to drink that perge drink and they cannot give me a Barem Emina.  If I want an Anesthetic I have to have an examination which would involve even worse preparation.  The Doctor did put on his report that because of my Asperger Syndrome planning treatment or an examination can be very challenging.   I suppose that is correct.  I might decide to leave it and take the three percent risk of Cancer.  I am over sixty and I do not fear death itself I fear the pain in the period leading up to death.

• I’m confused. The only perge drink that I know of is perge beer. Do you know the full name of the medication that they are saying you would have to take instead of the enema? Surely an enema would be sensible as it is easier to get a  good view of the bowel if it has been cleared out, as such. I think that they usually only give a sedative as standard for the actual procedure, not anaesthetic, sadly! 
    Are they not able to give you any pain relief at all for during the treatment? If you are passing blood then it would probably be wise to have the colonoscopy done BUT I would revisit with them if they are able to do anything to make it easier for you. 

• The purge drink is Gastrografin and I was told that I can only have an Anesthetic for the  full Colonoscopy and the preparation is worse for that.  In 2008 they did the preparation in the hospital before the scan but nowadays they say that you must take that drink first and are not willing to give me an Emina.

• They use it for Bowel examinations and taking not only clears the Bowels out it also means they can see your Bowel better.  Well I fear the preparation and I also fear the examination because the examination itself as I will not be having an Anesthetic if I do not have the full Colonoscopy which requires more preparation.

• They use it for Bowel examinations and taking not only clears the Bowels out it also means they can see your Bowel better.  Well I fear the preparation and I also fear the examination because the examination itself as I will not be having an Anesthetic if I do not have the full Colonoscopy which requires more preparation.

Children
No Data