Having second thoughts

Seriously thinking about asking to be taken off the waiting list for assessment.

All of this getting too much for me. I just wish I'd not started this process now.

Even getting CBT to help me with the anxiety is causing me more trouble than its worth.  

I just don't know where to go from here. 

Parents
  • Normally if I feel anxious about doing something I weigh up whether the pros outweigh the cons. If they do then I go ahead, if not then I might consider cancelling or rearranging. I would also be looking at the potential long term positives to be gained from doing something that might make me anxious. So, in your case, perhaps write a list of the negatives of going ahead with assessment and another list of the positives and also a list of the long term benefits of getting a diagnosis then use this information to make your decision?

• Normally if I feel anxious about doing something I weigh up whether the pros outweigh the cons. If they do then I go ahead, if not then I might consider cancelling or rearranging. I would also be looking at the potential long term positives to be gained from doing something that might make me anxious. So, in your case, perhaps write a list of the negatives of going ahead with assessment and another list of the positives and also a list of the long term benefits of getting a diagnosis then use this information to make your decision?

Children
No Data