NT spouse of ?Asperger's.

Hi

A bit apprensive on here. First time.

No diagnosis but partner exhibits many traits of asperger's. I'm convinced. Can't talk to him about it, scared. He has a temper. I was naive and young when we married.

I'm lonely and want to leave. I can't. No way back. Can't deal with it. It's my life too.

Anyone else living this way?

Thanks

OMO

Parents
  • Everyone has choice. It may be difficult sometimes to exercise that choice but lots of people do call it a day on dysfunctional relationships. Undiagnosed Aspies have very poor success in maintaining relationships including marriages.

Lonely's husband does sound to be autistic. Some people go into denial and can''t be helped. Others grasp some insight and change their lives. Either way, it is difficult to understand the other's situation because being an aspie is to some extent alien to NTs and vice versa.

I'm an aspie and have maintained a relationship for many years but the recent discovery of my syndrome has thrown light on some of the reasons we keep running into trouble. 

• Everyone has choice. It may be difficult sometimes to exercise that choice but lots of people do call it a day on dysfunctional relationships. Undiagnosed Aspies have very poor success in maintaining relationships including marriages.

Lonely's husband does sound to be autistic. Some people go into denial and can''t be helped. Others grasp some insight and change their lives. Either way, it is difficult to understand the other's situation because being an aspie is to some extent alien to NTs and vice versa.

I'm an aspie and have maintained a relationship for many years but the recent discovery of my syndrome has thrown light on some of the reasons we keep running into trouble. 

Children
No Data