NT spouse of ?Asperger's.

Hi

A bit apprensive on here. First time.

No diagnosis but partner exhibits many traits of asperger's. I'm convinced. Can't talk to him about it, scared. He has a temper. I was naive and young when we married.

I'm lonely and want to leave. I can't. No way back. Can't deal with it. It's my life too.

Anyone else living this way?

Thanks

OMO

Parents
  • Hi some one

Thank you for that.  It all makes sense too as being nicer or just accepting it can just make day to day living ok, I'm sure. My problem is that I need some physical comfort and (sad to say!!) attention which he doesn't give me.  And the worse thing is, I don't want it from him anymore.  I want to experience that with someone who connects with me.  I know he doesn't but it's only in recent years I have realised that.

He's ok too, not 'horribly selfish man who uses me' but he does think of himself in relation to all his books and stuff everywhere around the house. Sometimes he's too accommodating and that's a nuisance too.  I think he may be frightened that I'm going to do something like leave him so he's trying to just keep the peace and get through each day while doing nothing and saying nothing.  Who knows.

Appreciate your post. Thanks!

• Hi some one

Thank you for that.  It all makes sense too as being nicer or just accepting it can just make day to day living ok, I'm sure. My problem is that I need some physical comfort and (sad to say!!) attention which he doesn't give me.  And the worse thing is, I don't want it from him anymore.  I want to experience that with someone who connects with me.  I know he doesn't but it's only in recent years I have realised that.

He's ok too, not 'horribly selfish man who uses me' but he does think of himself in relation to all his books and stuff everywhere around the house. Sometimes he's too accommodating and that's a nuisance too.  I think he may be frightened that I'm going to do something like leave him so he's trying to just keep the peace and get through each day while doing nothing and saying nothing.  Who knows.

Appreciate your post. Thanks!

Children
No Data