NT spouse of ?Asperger's.

Hi

A bit apprensive on here. First time.

No diagnosis but partner exhibits many traits of asperger's. I'm convinced. Can't talk to him about it, scared. He has a temper. I was naive and young when we married.

I'm lonely and want to leave. I can't. No way back. Can't deal with it. It's my life too.

Anyone else living this way?

Thanks

OMO

Parents
  • hi omo - things can get difficult, or more difficult, when important things change in our lives, such as your son leaving home, your partner retiring + being in a lot with his interests which aren't your interests.  I think the replies you've had are helpful in considering a way fwd, esp talking to someone about things so you can make progress.  Also you cd develop your own interests perhaps + form new friendships  in the meantime?   No one person can fulfill all our hopes + needs anyway. You say you can't go back at the end of your 1st post - none of us can.  Deciding a new way fwd can be daunting + that why you need someone experienced to talk to initially. bw.   

• hi omo - things can get difficult, or more difficult, when important things change in our lives, such as your son leaving home, your partner retiring + being in a lot with his interests which aren't your interests.  I think the replies you've had are helpful in considering a way fwd, esp talking to someone about things so you can make progress.  Also you cd develop your own interests perhaps + form new friendships  in the meantime?   No one person can fulfill all our hopes + needs anyway. You say you can't go back at the end of your 1st post - none of us can.  Deciding a new way fwd can be daunting + that why you need someone experienced to talk to initially. bw.   

Children
No Data