NT spouse of ?Asperger's.

Hi

A bit apprensive on here. First time.

No diagnosis but partner exhibits many traits of asperger's. I'm convinced. Can't talk to him about it, scared. He has a temper. I was naive and young when we married.

I'm lonely and want to leave. I can't. No way back. Can't deal with it. It's my life too.

Anyone else living this way?

Thanks

OMO

Parents
  • I have read your post, and I think that it seems you are very unhappy. However, your home life as you describe it seems to suggest that you need to speak to someone about your own issues.

Your husband just seems to be doing his own thing. If he is on the autistic spectrum, and you have not directly and very simply told him what you need/want he will not pick up on any subtle hints that you don't like what he is doing.

Your description seems to suggest you just don't like being around him, rather than that his potential autism is a problem. I very strongly suggest that you seek out someone to talk to on your own like Relate, or any form of couselling services through your GP, and do it soon. This will give you support in how to talk to your husband (I noted the mention of his temper in your first post), and also how to change things for yourself.

One more thing, if your husband is on the autistic spectrum any form of change will be very difficult for him, and could trigger a meltdown (adults on the spectrum have them too), therefore I very strongly suggest that you do get support BEFORE talking about your future plans to him.

• I have read your post, and I think that it seems you are very unhappy. However, your home life as you describe it seems to suggest that you need to speak to someone about your own issues.

Your husband just seems to be doing his own thing. If he is on the autistic spectrum, and you have not directly and very simply told him what you need/want he will not pick up on any subtle hints that you don't like what he is doing.

Your description seems to suggest you just don't like being around him, rather than that his potential autism is a problem. I very strongly suggest that you seek out someone to talk to on your own like Relate, or any form of couselling services through your GP, and do it soon. This will give you support in how to talk to your husband (I noted the mention of his temper in your first post), and also how to change things for yourself.

One more thing, if your husband is on the autistic spectrum any form of change will be very difficult for him, and could trigger a meltdown (adults on the spectrum have them too), therefore I very strongly suggest that you do get support BEFORE talking about your future plans to him.

Children
No Data