Autism and Dentist.

Hello everyone

I recently took the plunge to see the dentist after 7 years due to me getting really bad tooth ache after ingoring the fact that I have broken my tooth last april when holiday and never went to get it looked at and removed it because I generally don't like the fact that you have to pay for treatment e.t.c also I have had bad experiences with dentist in the past so If I have to go it has to been with a special needs dentist and the one I saw yesterday became my go to dentist person and see will be doing all the treatment I need like a tooth removal, a filling and clean but the dentist person is going to be building me up to the tooth removal stage and by doing minor treatments to get me used to what going on and what the person is like.

Has anyone esle had issues with dentist or struggle to see a Special Needs ones and what are your thoughts on the dentist and autism situation. 

Parents
  • I particularly hate the hygienist. I tried to email my dentist to ask to be transferred  to the  community dentist but I couldn't find their email address . I filled out an online enquiry form but didn't hear a reply.

• I used to have a Dental Hygienist  who was s bit of s Butcher really. One time she was hacking away at my teeth an there was more blood than you should see, and I was going ooooooh, an the lady lady stopped and said to me what's wrong with you ? And I turned an ssid to her I am sorry but it's very sore in my mouth, sore the lady said it's not sore atall you just think you feel it but you don't. My late Mum was a Primary School  Teacher and often  her Pupils came in  to her Classroom complaining of sore mouths an she saw the Blood, coming from their mouths too. I have a very nice one now an I never have any pain when she cleans my teeth,cause she is very gentle with me.

Fluffy

• I used to have a Dental Hygienist  who was s bit of s Butcher really. One time she was hacking away at my teeth an there was more blood than you should see, and I was going ooooooh, an the lady lady stopped and said to me what's wrong with you ? And I turned an ssid to her I am sorry but it's very sore in my mouth, sore the lady said it's not sore atall you just think you feel it but you don't. My late Mum was a Primary School  Teacher and often  her Pupils came in  to her Classroom complaining of sore mouths an she saw the Blood, coming from their mouths too. I have a very nice one now an I never have any pain when she cleans my teeth,cause she is very gentle with me.

Fluffy

Children
No Data