Visual Snow

Does anybody else see visual snow? I only just found out it's a thing, after I found out my support worker doesn't see air and then I found out that most people don't! 

I see tiny lights everywhere and can watch them for hours. They will help me get to sleep on a night, when  I'm not too hyper. Just wondered how many other people here, have this. 

Parents
  • Yes my son he's 10 and autistic he told me last night thay he can see static..like and old tv..grey and black dots

He thought it was normal that every one sees the same thing..i dont know what to do?

• Yes my son he's 10 and autistic he told me last night thay he can see static..like and old tv..grey and black dots

Not too unlike this:

Which is an 1889 artwork by Georges-Pierre Seurat, titled 'Parade de Cirque', which is an example of Pointillism from the impressionistic movement of art, and how some of the neurologically divergent population see the world, with the vast majority of people in effect being 'pixel-blind' ~ as the detail of the visual rod and cone receptors at the back of the eyes gets blended out, and therefore lost.

He thought it was normal that every one sees the same thing..i dont know what to do?

Maybe explain that like most people you are 'pixel-blind' and he is not ~ just as by contrast most people aren't colour blind whilst a few are, which is all quite natural as involves strengths and weaknesses for everyone across the entire bandwidth of sensory spectrums.

Not too unlike this:

Which is an 1889 artwork by Georges-Pierre Seurat, titled 'Parade de Cirque', which is an example of Pointillism from the impressionistic movement of art, and how some of the neurologically divergent population see the world, with the vast majority of people in effect being 'pixel-blind' ~ as the detail of the visual rod and cone receptors at the back of the eyes gets blended out, and therefore lost.

Maybe explain that like most people you are 'pixel-blind' and he is not ~ just as by contrast most people aren't colour blind whilst a few are, which is all quite natural as involves strengths and weaknesses for everyone across the entire bandwidth of sensory spectrums.

Children
No Data