Visual Snow

Does anybody else see visual snow? I only just found out it's a thing, after I found out my support worker doesn't see air and then I found out that most people don't! 

I see tiny lights everywhere and can watch them for hours. They will help me get to sleep on a night, when  I'm not too hyper. Just wondered how many other people here, have this. 

• Yes my son he's 10 and autistic he told me last night thay he can see static..like and old tv..grey and black dots

Not too unlike this:

Which is an 1889 artwork by Georges-Pierre Seurat, titled 'Parade de Cirque', which is an example of Pointillism from the impressionistic movement of art, and how some of the neurologically divergent population see the world, with the vast majority of people in effect being 'pixel-blind' ~ as the detail of the visual rod and cone receptors at the back of the eyes gets blended out, and therefore lost.

He thought it was normal that every one sees the same thing..i dont know what to do?

Maybe explain that like most people you are 'pixel-blind' and he is not ~ just as by contrast most people aren't colour blind whilst a few are, which is all quite natural as involves strengths and weaknesses for everyone across the entire bandwidth of sensory spectrums.

• Yes my son he's 10 and autistic he told me last night thay he can see static..like and old tv..grey and black dots

He thought it was normal that every one sees the same thing..i dont know what to do?

• I love that song, it’s one of the few songs I listen too :) thanks for the words though as I always sing them wrong! and I’ve never heard of Indra’s Web ~ I’ll check that out, thank you Pray tone3 Blush

• I constantly get rainbow hues at side of vision as well as a kind of visual delay when I move my head to quickly, when I start seeing spots I know a migrane is imminent so time to find a bucket ( damn nausea ) any way optometrist told me the rainbow effect was caused by astigmatism as the eyes weren't processing light as they should be 

• Former Member

”I've said before, sometimes when I'm at my mum's caravan I look at a single drop of dew on a single blade of grass for ages as I'm transfixed because to me, it looks like the whole universe in the single drop of dew, it's so beautiful. It's like when I look at a tree, I see the tree but it's what's behind the image that is most beautiful and that's what I see and this is clearer to me than the image of the tree, the tree is blury but the light behind it isn't. “

This is known as Indras Web Arrow up

the pattern in the tree or in a river delta or an image of lungs is known as - Li in chinese. 

If any part of the web goes the entire web goes, vanishes. Just like universe... All parts, big small, life death, etc etc... Every death is part of the entire web - death is life and vice versa. 

The Sun’s death is our life... 

or as Paul Simon once said - 

The Boy in the Bubble
    It was a slow day
    And the sun was beating
    On the soldiers by the side of the road
    There was a bright light
    A shattering of shop windows
    The bomb in the baby carriage
    Was wired to the radio
    These are the days of miracle and wonder
    This is the long distance call
    The way the camera follows us in slo-mo
    The way we look to us all
    The way we look to a distant constellation
    That's dying in a corner of the sky
    And don't cry baby, don't cry
    Don't cry
    It was a dry wind
    And it swept across the desert
    And it curled into the circle of birth
    And the dead sand
    Falling on the children
    The mothers and the fathers
    And the automatic earth
    The way we look to us all, oh yeah
    Don't cry
    It's a turn-around jump shot
    It's everybody jump start
    It's every generation throws a hero up the pop charts
    Medicine is magical and magical is art
    The boy in the bubble
    And the baby with the baboon heart
    And I believe
    These are the days of lasers in the jungle
    Lasers in the jungle somewhere
    Staccato signals of constant information
    A loose affiliation of millionaires
    And billionaires and baby
    The way we look to us all, oh yeah
    Don't cry, don't cry
  • I can’t sleep so I’m watching YouTube videos of these people who experience visual snow. It’s bizarre, it’s probably just me, but it all seems so surreal, as if they’ve all been abducted by aliens then placed back on earth and the way they talk about finding a cure, is just weird. They’re reaching out to the visual snow community, to say hang in there, don’t let it ruin your life, no matter how hard it is. They’ve been through all types of assessments before they got their diagnosis. All types of X-rays etc that I don’t think I would like to put myself through. 

It’s weird. If anyone has time to kill, check out some of these videos and tell me if you think it’s really weird.

https://youtu.be/AsyINDoqnxs

• Greetings. Two more 'Dismissal' things from Myself.

First - Seeing large Swirls or Blotches or Poofy Things ( - Proper term, anyone Please...!?) in the eyes... Again, I know that these are not what Miss BlueRay is talking about.
    Seeing these swooshy-pulses (...) IS actually seeing the Blood in your own eyes. For me, they are Yellowish. They are seen by Children and Adults alike. They should always seen when going to sleep. They may be seen when wide awake though, if ones eyes are relaxing or are tired. They are also seen by people with sudden eye injuries, because they are looking at thier own blood as I say. This is an actual thing, but still I know not where it is defined and documented in LAW, it is just so far anecdotal. (Why??)

Second - It is another non-clearly defined fact that, what is seen in the centre of the eyes is different from what is seen at the sides of it. In the Military, and in Astronomy, for example... Night Vision is better using the corners of the eyes or looking next to a thing, rather than looking directly at that thing. Anyone reading this can test this, by standing in a pitch-black room, or by going outside at night, and looking at something, at the words in a book or at the stars or any object. Looking directly at the thing, it may disappear, but looking aside at it then it is perceived. To overcome this, usually a light that shines Red is used.

...Need I say again that I know that these are NOT what Miss BlueRay is talking about, which is why I Post them. But the trouble is, all of this sort of thing must be taken into account, for a Disambiguator like myself.

And it is so very annoying that there seems to be no proper Term for these two phenomenon! Does anyone know of any? Anyone...?

:-O

• Yeah me too! I don’t even know what made me start asking people if they saw it too but I was shocked when I did and found most people don’t. Good to find others that do. 

• (...Just look at how long that Post was. I am so very annoyed at that! I have trouble with reading long Posts but then I go off and write something like that?... Grumble, Moan, Gripe...!)

• (Oh Boy... This is a very large business, which I might not be allowed chance to cover...!)

Um... Me again. First, to sort of dismiss Migranes... This is totally different, since Migranes are damage or weakening. Please use the ARM example I stated: If your arm is hurt or something is attacking it, then it will send back all of these signals, which are PAIN/Damage signals... but in this case they are seen as Light. (I also used to get Migranes and Headaches as well, so do not think that I do not know what it is like.)   :-(         

Next, Here, is one large topic which I am thinking towards in part. I am reluctant to broach it here, for it is a large digression but is also relevant. Please have a look at: 

Auras.     Kirlian Photography.

...These are two large topics, dismissed as Spiritual/Bunkum/Hokum/Pseudo-Science as much as Ghosts are, but the problem is sorting out lies from truth. I do apologise for mentioning this - it is like telling people tinterested in Mines to visit a Minefield rather than a Hardware Store...! 

Finally - My 'opinion' again. All of this is like discussing seeing real Snow, and others giving 52 different names for that exact same Snow. Bottom line is - everything is real and everthing is possible, but not everthing real or possible is currently defined in LAW. Much of things percieved (seen, felt, heard, tasted, etc.), especially by, um "children" is a thing which is outside of the perception of another. ("Another" Usually means a Domesticated Adult.)

Adult Humans say that "All people" cannot see Ultraviolet, InfraRed, Radiation, Echolocation, Remote Touch, Pressure Sensing, etc. etc. ... But some Adult Humans can.

...Just not enough Adult Humans to validate such things in LAW!

To Miss BlueRay, sorry I dare not much elaborate. But - if Something PROVES itself to be real, then keep on using and testing and investigating that One Something. (I do not know if you recall the Thread where I posted links to "Animal Communication", but all of this is similar to that. Everyone is born with the capability to do more than what Domesticated Human Society allows.)

• Its with me 24/7. The effect increases with extreme darkness but my night vision is superlative. With my eyes closed it looks like the 4th of July and an Apple screensaver had kids. Been this way since I was a small child and has been consistent throughout my life. Its is effected by sounds speech and patterns that I see (patterns have a tendency to wander off onto other objects like walls, surfaces, the sky). Objects in the foreground are outlined in pale auras, especially if against a bright background. In my world, there aren't and never have been solid blocks/areas of color. I can understand it academically but I have never experienced it. My vision is like a good computer game on a high quality monitor. I assumed everyone had this until I asked and found out they did not.

• Also DC, it hasn't been related to autism at all, that's why I brought it up here, to see how many autistic people on here have it, because so far, it hasn't been reported in an autistic person. But the strange thing is, part of the condition is desensitization, (I think that's what they call it), they become disconnected from their bodies some how and it's like they don't know who they are anymore. It might be called depersonilsation. It's weird but as I was listening to some of them tell their story, I thought, my god, they've become autistic! lol! That's why I thought, maybe all autistic people have this? It has several facets to it, I might try and get a summary of it because reading these posts, it seems most of us have it in one form or another.

They also relate it to astronauts and cosmic rays! 

• It's a collection of symptoms and what you're describing is one of the symptoms and it has a name, I just can't remember the name.

I don't have that one regularly but when I used to get migraines and take a certain migraine tablet, it would switch off the pain but not the other migraine symptoms but the tablet knocks me out anyway so I just used to sleep it off.

Poor night vision is also part of it, which I have. Aching, heavy and tired eyes is another which I can see because as I've been looking at the light much more, recently, my eyes get that tired thing a lot more. I think it's because I'm looking at it more and it is more noticeable more of the time as well, even when I'm not consciously looking at it. I can see it most of the time now. But I like looking at it, but a lot of the people who have been part of the initial studies, a couple of years ago, don't like it and they actually want medication and a cure for it.

Some of the participants are kids and they experience it in the way I do which maybe relates to what DC was saying, that as autistic people we don't mature in the same way as others so maybe I've retained that childlike relationship to it. The kids love it, they chase the light around the room and sit watching it when they're in bed, it's really soothing. 

• That's exactly what I always thought I was seeing because what I see changes with sound and the state of my mind or other things in the atmosphere, such as what you mentioned. It's as if I can see the universe.

I've said before, sometimes when I'm at my mum's caravan I look at a single drop of dew on a single blade of grass for ages as I'm transfixed because to me, it looks like the whole universe in the single drop of dew, it's so beautiful. It's like when I look at a tree, I see the tree but it's what's behind the image that is most beautiful and that's what I see and this is clearer to me than the image of the tree, the tree is blury but the light behind it isn't. 

I thought it was normal and that I was maybe just understanding it in a different way but then I read that they are saying it's a disease and they're working on a cure by medication!!! They can trace it in the brain so it can be diagnosed by brain scans but of course they're not going to do that but they don't need to, you know if you see it because you see it.

To me, it talks to me and tells me things and it's so beautiful that the idea of curing it is as crazy as wanting to cure autism although I can appreciate that as with autism, some people do experience some distressing symptoms but I think it is more a case of understanding these things rather than trying to shut them off with medication.

• I love you so much DC - just had to tell you that!

I don't see floaters. It's more like billions and billions of tiny multicolored lights. I only have to just look and right there, in front of me, are billions of beautiful bright lights, all dancing around and if I look at them they make patterns and if I kind of meditate or stare at them, they make patterns that are so soothing that it's like having a bed time story read to you, it's really beautiful but for some people it's a real problem, they don't even leave their homes because all they can see is the lights. I've always seen this so I'm not sure what brought it to my attention to ask my support worker if she sees it too, maybe because it's been such a support to me recently? I don't know, I can't remember why I asked her but she didn't know what I was talking about, she said she sees objects as solid things where as I never do, not even walls! I can't even see where my body starts and the air finishes! 

I thought I was seeing atoms or something but apparently they are saying it's a rare disease! 

• Thanks for letting me know Kras, I don't have it as mild as you but some peoples lives are paralyzed by it it's so strong! I can't believe what I'm finding out about it.

• Is this different to migraines? I see flashing lights at the sides of my vision, sometimes accompanied by horrendous headaches but more often it's just the lights. 

• Part Two. What I really want to say and what I think You are talking about, Hmmm? Still Scientific, but I can simplify...
    I, personally, have always thought that BABIES can 'see the Air'. It is like a Thick Fog of Chemicals and Radiation to them.
    As we grow older, we learn to disregard certain Sensory Inputs, and so grow to see through this Air, to see what we need to see. (E.G. - Objects and lights to sustain existence.)
    As we hit Puberty, things not useful are no longer maintained as an ability... But Autism defines itself by keeping certain "Juvenile" Traits through to Adulthood.
    (...All of that would be different Thread in itself.)

Here, now, back upon Topic.(!) And my Point. : The "AIR" is NOT a "clear" thing. Especially In direct sunlight, one can sometimes see the Flotsam floating in the Air. There is also Radiation, Scents, Heat Distortions, and, um, Things which are linking Plants to other Plants (E.g.-Hyphae)... these are just a few of the things which exist in Air, but as one grows older, are grown to overcome. Think of your Eyes as an ARM, which wants to reach out and touch something, and gets stronger to do so, and that is it!
    I suppose I should close this now... but the bottom line is --- Air is NOT clear, and if One can still see at certain Frequencies, then One does still see certain things... things which others say do 'not exist' because they can no longer see them!
    (...& The bad part, yucky, but necessary to say, is that some things do "touch/stick to the eyeball"... But also, like an Arm, they are detected and need not do harm.)

...T'would be nice if anyone else completely/properly followed Both of those Posts...とにかく... I have Posted what I said and that is that.

...In all cases... Good Fortune to You, Miss BlueRay!

• Greetings Miss Bluey-Shiney-Person... Excuse me a slight ebullition, but... YAY! Is this not the sort of query/observation which would ONLY be seen upon a Forum with Autistic People...?!

My response to you is in two parts, else the Post would be too long. (for me, anyway.) "Visual Snow", You call it. These include my opinion, Scientific & Logical, but the fact is, I have never seen this "Flotsam" or "Ability" documented elsewhere, ever, and so I am glad to finally put all of this into writing someplace.
    First, to dismiss "Floaters": These are are a known and documented phenomenon in Optometry, where the Iris overproduces Cellular Matter which is seen as "floating" in the Eyes and may obscr vision. To dismiss this direction further, here are some Links:

www.nhs.uk/.../

www.rnib.org.uk/.../posterior-vitreous-detachment

...I know that this is not wholly what you are talking about, but I Post that to dismiss some things, which, as said, occur, and are likely said to be what you are talking about...!

• Yeah I get this, very mildly like a colour version of TV snow faintly superimposed over the image I see. Most of the time in well lit environments its not that noticable but I notice it when looking at stark white things like this forum or go into a darker environment before my eyes have time to adjust. I more notice floaters though because I'm quite short sighted. Pain in the rectum when I notice either thing because it takes me ages to tune them out again