WoW ~ noise cancelling headphones ~ just WoW

I am having the weirdest day today, so in truth, I have absolutely no idea if it’s the headphones that are having this effect on me or something else. 

I have no idea what’s going on today. The shock of that wellbeing woman seeing me one way while I saw me another, has sent shock waves through my system that I think have distorted my brain waves. 

I also took my second Ritalin yesterday, which worked amazingly well again. I made a good start on my new course work. And it always leaves me feeling more relaxed the next day as well, when I take a Ritalin. 

But I’ve been out and bought headphones and honestly, it’s like I’m a different person. But I can’t work out if it’s the headphones or something to do with all this other weird stuff that’s going on. 

I’ll guess we’ll have to see. But so far so good. I don’t even want to take the headphones off. I keep taking them off to test what the noise is like without them, and it’s definitely loud. It’s like, it’s no wonder I couldn’t concentrate with all that noise going on. It’s like day and night. However did I manage without them? 

And they feel so comfortable. As if they add a level of comfort that I never knew I needed! 

I’ll let you know how I get on with them over the next few days, but my first reaction is, how in the hell did I live so long without them? Lol! 

Parents
  • Good news!

Can I ask - and I know it's probably a silly question - what you have the Ritalin for?  I've often wondered if it would make a difference to my poor concentration span.

• I got them because I realised that I have behaviours that match that of adhd, and apparently (I didn’t know this before I got them), but if you take them and you have adhd, you’ll get the benefits. And if you’re not, you won’t. So it’s a bit like a test really.

So I haven’t got a prescription of my own yet. Somebody gave me the two I took. But I’m waiting for an appointment with the adhd psychiatrist for him to write me a prescription. 

It helps with concentration. I relax to a degree I didn’t know existed and the speed of the thoughts slows down dramatically. And for me, it calms me down, but in a different way to what the anti depressants did. 

I’m still happy, I’m still me, I’m just not as hyper, so my memory is better and I’m more able to just get on with things. Whereas the anti depressants did slow the speed of the thoughts down but they also dulled me down. It was as if they took away my imagination, and I wasn’t so much relaxed as zonked out. I don’t want them long term, just enough (hopefully/maybe Shrug tone1‍♀️) to help me get back to meditation etc. 

• I got them because I realised that I have behaviours that match that of adhd, and apparently (I didn’t know this before I got them), but if you take them and you have adhd, you’ll get the benefits. And if you’re not, you won’t. So it’s a bit like a test really.

So I haven’t got a prescription of my own yet. Somebody gave me the two I took. But I’m waiting for an appointment with the adhd psychiatrist for him to write me a prescription. 

It helps with concentration. I relax to a degree I didn’t know existed and the speed of the thoughts slows down dramatically. And for me, it calms me down, but in a different way to what the anti depressants did. 

I’m still happy, I’m still me, I’m just not as hyper, so my memory is better and I’m more able to just get on with things. Whereas the anti depressants did slow the speed of the thoughts down but they also dulled me down. It was as if they took away my imagination, and I wasn’t so much relaxed as zonked out. I don’t want them long term, just enough (hopefully/maybe Shrug tone1‍♀️) to help me get back to meditation etc. 

Children
No Data