WoW ~ noise cancelling headphones ~ just WoW

I am having the weirdest day today, so in truth, I have absolutely no idea if it’s the headphones that are having this effect on me or something else. 

I have no idea what’s going on today. The shock of that wellbeing woman seeing me one way while I saw me another, has sent shock waves through my system that I think have distorted my brain waves. 

I also took my second Ritalin yesterday, which worked amazingly well again. I made a good start on my new course work. And it always leaves me feeling more relaxed the next day as well, when I take a Ritalin. 

But I’ve been out and bought headphones and honestly, it’s like I’m a different person. But I can’t work out if it’s the headphones or something to do with all this other weird stuff that’s going on. 

I’ll guess we’ll have to see. But so far so good. I don’t even want to take the headphones off. I keep taking them off to test what the noise is like without them, and it’s definitely loud. It’s like, it’s no wonder I couldn’t concentrate with all that noise going on. It’s like day and night. However did I manage without them? 

And they feel so comfortable. As if they add a level of comfort that I never knew I needed! 

I’ll let you know how I get on with them over the next few days, but my first reaction is, how in the hell did I live so long without them? Lol! 

Parents
  • I've had Bose QC20 earbuds for about a fortnight now and they are great - took some getting used to though because it felt to me like all the air was being sucked out of my ears! I use them in combination with music or sounds of waterfalls and they do provide a cocoon of quiet even in a noisy office - the only problem there being that even that cocoon gets fatiguing if you have to live in it for 8 hours!

What model did you get & where do you intend to use them ?

• I've had Bose QC20 earbuds for about a fortnight now and they are great - took some getting used to though because it felt to me like all the air was being sucked out of my ears! I use them in combination with music or sounds of waterfalls and they do provide a cocoon of quiet even in a noisy office - the only problem there being that even that cocoon gets fatiguing if you have to live in it for 8 hours!

What model did you get & where do you intend to use them ?

Children
  • Little update. I’ve just come out for a little walk, to the coffee shop, trialling out the headphones. 

I lHeart eyesve them. I had a YouTube video playing on my walk, and it took me a while to realise, how quite everything was. It’s a bit like walking outside when there’s a heavy snow fall that’s settled. 

The sound quality of the YouTube video was excellent, and sooooo, ‘not’ distracting, so it took me a little while to realise how soft and quiet everything else was.

I’m now in the coffee shop, and after a bit of jiggery pokery, trying to turn the sound off so I could order (still getting used to them!), I love them in here as well. I can still hear noise, with only noise cancellation on, but it’s so much softer and gentler.

This is a whole new sensory experience in itself. But honestly, it made such a difference walking down the street. I guess I just learned to somehow tolerate the noise, for so long, that I didn’t realise how much it was affecting me. It’s like the cars were like toy cars, moving almost silently by. Whereas normally, they’re like snipers coming from all directions to make me jump and look around etc. 

So, so far, so good :) 

• I can’t remember what they’re called ~ hang on, I’ll have a look ~ QC 35. 

I’m not sure yet, how I’m going to use them, to be honest. I simply recognised that noise, even the noise a house makes (that most people don’t hear) impacts on me, so I figured I’d give the headphones a try. So I’ll be trying them out in all situations and see how I get on with them. Last night, I sat with them on for most of the evening, without music or anything, but with the noise cancelling on, and I loved it. 

However, I also recognised that I won’t necessarily want them on all the time. Which is a relief! Lol! I thought I was going to turn into the headphones wearing person! lol! 

So I think they’re going to become a close companion of mine, at least for the foreseeable future, as I try them out. I’m going for a bit of a walk to a coffee shop shortly, so that’s two more situations I’ll be trying them in.