Itching

I read somewhere on here just a minute ago about itching but can't find the comment now that I'm logged in. I know Dr Temple Grandin has said that it's a problem for her. Is that an autistic thing? Is it my brain overreacting? It's been a problem for me since I was in my 30s. I've complained to landlords and moved out of rented flats numerous times because of the itching. Is there an official respect-inducing name for this problem which I can tell my doctor and be taken seriously?

Parents
  • I went off and thought about this a bit more Yttrium. I'm pretty much in control of my itching situation now but another thing I noticed was biological washing powder is a pretty bad thing for skin irritation. A change of soap (I don't know what you're using now) might help. Use something unperfumed and non-coloured. I use Simple but Pears is another brand that I can use. Deodorants and other smellies can be irritants. Just try and think of things that your skin comes into contact with and it's just trial and error. I hope you find what's best! I'd rather be in pain than itch, it's that bad! All the best.

• Laundry products had been a problem for me, too, until I went vegan and started using Bip-D. I've still not found a fabric conditioner I can cope with but the Bio-D laundry liquid really helps. For soap I use cheap and cheerful Co-op's pure soap. It's the only one that doesn't hurt delicate areas (ahem) within seconds. Pitrok deodorant (thankfully they do do a spray) I find the best. I still itch, but usually only when I'm going to sleep. I think my body hates me!

• Laundry products had been a problem for me, too, until I went vegan and started using Bip-D. I've still not found a fabric conditioner I can cope with but the Bio-D laundry liquid really helps. For soap I use cheap and cheerful Co-op's pure soap. It's the only one that doesn't hurt delicate areas (ahem) within seconds. Pitrok deodorant (thankfully they do do a spray) I find the best. I still itch, but usually only when I'm going to sleep. I think my body hates me!

Children
No Data