Three disorders

Now i know for sure i have autism because i got an official diagnosis and still have all the signs but i have been doing some research and i also show the signs of bipolar disorder and a borderline personality disorder so i was thinking...can it be possible that i have all three of these disorders?

Parents

• Now i know for sure i have autism because i got an official diagnosis and still have all the signs but i have been doing some research and i also show the signs of bipolar disorder and a borderline personality disorder so i was thinking...can it be possible that i have all three of these disorders?

Hi blueblood,

In being diagnosed as having Autism, it is more unlikely that you have Bipolar Disorder, but having Borderline Personality Disorder is much more likely to be the case as Personality Disorders are known to coexist with cases of Higher Functioning Autism. I know directly for instance another person like myself with Asperger's Syndrome and Schizo-effective Personality Disorder, and two others with BPD. I have two friends with just BD also.

In terms of ~ as is quite common ~ mistaking BD for BPD, perhaps check the following link:

https://www.medicaldaily.com/bipolar-vs-borderline-personality-disorder-differences-between-two-and-how-avoid-335314

With the most pertinent summative statement being perhaps: 

Experts note that one of the main differentiating factors between bipolar and borderline personality disorder is that symptoms of personality disorder are pretty consistent and ongoing, while people with bipolar disorder appear to have “breaks” between their extreme mood swings, in which they experience a mid-range mood where most of the symptoms that are confusing between the two disorders (impulsivity, anger, irritability, extreme emotion) aren’t present.

If that helps any?

• Now i know for sure i have autism because i got an official diagnosis and still have all the signs but i have been doing some research and i also show the signs of bipolar disorder and a borderline personality disorder so i was thinking...can it be possible that i have all three of these disorders?

Hi blueblood,

In being diagnosed as having Autism, it is more unlikely that you have Bipolar Disorder, but having Borderline Personality Disorder is much more likely to be the case as Personality Disorders are known to coexist with cases of Higher Functioning Autism. I know directly for instance another person like myself with Asperger's Syndrome and Schizo-effective Personality Disorder, and two others with BPD. I have two friends with just BD also.

In terms of ~ as is quite common ~ mistaking BD for BPD, perhaps check the following link:

https://www.medicaldaily.com/bipolar-vs-borderline-personality-disorder-differences-between-two-and-how-avoid-335314

With the most pertinent summative statement being perhaps: 

Experts note that one of the main differentiating factors between bipolar and borderline personality disorder is that symptoms of personality disorder are pretty consistent and ongoing, while people with bipolar disorder appear to have “breaks” between their extreme mood swings, in which they experience a mid-range mood where most of the symptoms that are confusing between the two disorders (impulsivity, anger, irritability, extreme emotion) aren’t present.

If that helps any?

Children