Three disorders

Now i know for sure i have autism because i got an official diagnosis and still have all the signs but i have been doing some research and i also show the signs of bipolar disorder and a borderline personality disorder so i was thinking...can it be possible that i have all three of these disorders?

• Hi there, I can truly relate to this being diagnosed with three conditions. To have the diagnosis in any of the conditions a lot of things would have to be looked in finer detail e.g. how it affects the quality of life, the severity and impact it has on your day to day life. As well as going into your history amongst other factors. All will be carefully thorough, honest and direct.

• Hi.  

My appointment is next month, assuming I’m not in hospital for another problem.

This is the range of diagnosis I wouldn’t be surprised to be told I have:

Aspergers and or Pathological Demand Avoidance

Bordeline Personality Disorder and or Bi-Polar

ADHD

Anxiety and Moderate Depression.

Not too much wrong then.

• Hi , my name is "Dexter". I've got Asperger's syndrome. Also, just been diagnosed with E.U.P.D. (Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorder) , used to be called BPD. I believe that, like most of the general population, autistic or not , you could be diagnosed with one , two or more "issues". Just cos we're autistic doesn't mean we can't get poorly (mentally or physically). Looking for help if your an "adult" above the age of 25 is near impossible. Mental health services don't want to know, MAIN (an autism charity) don't even want to know. N.A.S don't want to know. But If your an "adult" over the age of 25 you can be picked on laughed at and have people take videos or photos of you cos of how dumb we look. If your under 25, (especially a kid) , then you get whatever the *** you want. Me personally my self harming is just as regular. Thoughts of life ending are still there. What I got from care co ordinator is , well you cant save everyone. This may not be helpful, but I'm just trying to get the truth out there. There's no money for adult social care (25 +), but there's money to fund druggies and alcoholics and people who can't keep there pants on. There's money to pay premiership footballers idiotic amounts of money. There's money to pay people who can't sing. There's money , money, money, but its not where its needed. Hey, probably the high and almighty at the N.A.S get massive pay checks.

(The N.A.S. need to put some better effort in making this "forum" more functional, cause at present its an absolute f****** nightmare to use.).

They won't do that would they, they'd rather just help the f****** kids.

why, in this f****** stupid world, that if your a bad person , you get whatever the *** you want??

25+   (WE ARE THE FORGOTTEN ONES!!). WE DON'T EXIST. WE ARE NOTHING. WE ARE THE DOG CRAP ON THERE SHOES.

Sorry for the honesty , but it is the truth, And people don't like honesty, it costs too much.

• Autism, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder all share molecular traits, study finds

Date:  February 8, 2018

Source:  University of California - Los Angeles

Summary:  Most medical conditions are largely defined by their physical symptoms.

Psychiatric illnesses, however, largely defined by a person's behavior.

A new study challenges that distinction, identifying many ~ and distinct ~

patterns of gene expression in the brains of people with autism,

schizophrenia and disorder. The data hint at potential targets that may

one day lead to new treatment approaches.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/02/180208141346.htm

• Hi blueblood,

Symptom overlap occurs when one behaviour/thought can be a symptom for several conditions. For instance, low mood can be associated with depression, bipolar disorder and schizophrenia, as an example. Many people show signs of many conditions, but most will not have the condition at all. Is it impossible? No. But is it realistic to think that you'd have all three? Probably not.

Much love <3

• Not immediately although I can sense some of what you might be getting at - I just don't have time to get my head round the details at the moment.

• deus ex machina Indeed... but to cocktail it with a human body with its fragile cage  must have its moments... to be stirred is one thing... but shaken another all together. 

The stirring and shaking are both quite easy going really, but as for the mind-body quakes and avalanches though ~ not something I would recommend as a pastime or holiday activity, really ;-)

Although I had not had a body quake for ages until a few weeks back, but of course I had overdone things. Keeping the seizures more mind-scape rather than body-scape has definitely been a life long achievement session. :-)

• I am the spirit of the machine,

deus ex machina Indeed... but to cocktail it with a human body with its fragile cage  must have its moments... to be stirred is one thing... but shaken another all together. 

• I have certainly met many tools! 

In evolution terms each embodied aspect of nature is part and parcel of the universal toolbox, each one essential to learn from in terms of making way for others. Respect each and everyone one or thing as like us being a teacher and student both ~ sharing in both ignorance and wisdom either way, equally.

So..are mind wipes a good or bad thing?

Yes, no, both yes and no, and neither yes or no.

Yes they are enlightening.

No as the hangovers are heinously painful and or bewildering.

Both yes in that for me the light and geometries are beautiful, and also no in that for others they have been bewildering, unsettling, distressing or terrifying.

And neither yes or no, as enlightenment or consciousness has no final answer ~ as it is as it is, and does as it does ~ being that everything is but an aspect of it but it in totally.

With my computing mindset have you tried the following?

• turning it off an on again

That already occurs with the seizure ~ only in the sense of standby when off, and full systems go when on.

a complete system reboot

With each on and off yes.

an upgrade to DT.3.6.2

Yup ~ on each axis (vertical, horizontal and diagonal) for each and every degree of circumnavigation.

a disk defrag

Absolutely ~ such as defragging neurotypical script patterns involving displaced terms, i.e. Personality being swapped for Personae, Debate for Argument, Love for lust, Respect for Subservience and so on.

I hope that you have the forethought to implement an incremental back up policy

I am the spirit of the machine, sort of thing, knowing what I know, but after seizures having to learn new ways to apply what I know, like for instance getting a new computer system or learning a new language of coding.

• There is also the factory reset button (see, the purpose of belly buttons has finally been made clear) but only press if you are still in warranty and retain your receipt of purchase

• I have certainly met many tools! 

So..are mind wipes a good or bad thing? With my computing mindset have you tried the following?

• turning it off an on again
    • a complete system reboot
    • an upgrade to DT.3.6.2
    • a disk defrag
    • a complete reboot 

I hope that you have the forethought to implement an incremental back up policy

• I guess the use of the word “feeble” could be deemed inappropriate... a mind is a mind after all

Well each aspect of existence is essential to existence as whole, and as much as we discover about anything it is only ever part of the equation ~ there is always more to discover.

This is so in that evolution is a progressive development or advancement of the capacity and function to be more effective in particular contexts or scenarios.

There are for instance subjects that you are more capable of considering and applying than I, such as computing for instance, and being particularly skilled in one way or another ~ applies to all living things from below and to above the molecular ranges or spectrums of evolutional frequencies.

Consider for instance the 'Tool-box of life' theory, that each tool has it's function for specific purposes. The flat head or cross head screwdriver for example, are in themselves just as useful in different circumstances in comparative terms ~ there is no better or worse functioning as such.

• I guess the use of the word “feeble” could be deemed inappropriate... a mind is a mind after all

• Sorry... in my feeble mind I could think of no other way to reply 

The mind consists of many minds, and if any or all of them are feeble, unite them as not then being.

I mean my minds get fragged sometimes completely through having seizures, which now and again results in complete and utter mind wipes for temporary durations.

Recognising the significance of others work does though rather suggest that your mind or minds are not feeble, as is suggested just as much also with the posts you write about your consideration of things. :-)

• Sorry... in my feeble mind I could think of no other way to reply 

• ““O Deep Thought computer," he said, "the task we have designed you to perform is this. We want you to tell us...." he paused, "The Answer."
    "The Answer?" said Deep Thought. "The Answer to what?"
    "Life!" urged Fook.
    "The Universe!" said Lunkwill.
    "Everything!" they said in chorus.
    Deep Thought paused for a moment's reflection.
    "Tricky," he said finally.
    "But can you do it?"
    Again, a significant pause.
    "Yes," said Deep Thought, "I can do it."
    "There is an answer?" said Fook with breathless excitement.
    "Yes," said Deep Thought. "Life, the Universe, and Everything. There is an answer. But, I'll have to think about it."

• Why do you say that "In being diagnosed as having Autism, it is more unlikely that you have Bipolar Disorder"?

Also just as autism is a spectrum there are different types of bipolar.

When I  wrote it is more unlikely, I did not mean entirely unlikely, given the exception proves the rule thing, and that as stated BPD is often mistaken for BD ~  and therefore the exception to the rule thing again applies for the other way around.

So the information I provided was given to refine the research criteria but not though to exclude any in the long term.

In my case at first I began examining every perspective on something as being 'maybe so', and also 'maybe not' ~ when younger in terms of examining whether I was in fact mad or weird as people kept telling me.

Then later I added 'maybe yes and no' to the process, along with 'maybe neither yes and no' also ~ to balance out and account for the irregularities of binary yes or no logic.

As such in scientific terms ~ there is no final answer, meaning that any given answer is in fact a summation thus far and therefore remains as a questionable theory. This leads to more answers as being more questions for the increasing amount of perspectives taken.

In this way everything adds up together as a whole; rather than as a fragmentation or separation of parts ~ as often occurs with the all or nothing take on things.

If that makes any sense?

• I am beginning to notice that the way I present as autistic is different depending on whether I am in depressive phase or in a manic phase e.g. I don't have ADHD (or not that you would notice) when I am in a depressive phase but I do when I am in a manic phase

• Why do you say that "In being diagnosed as having Autism, it is more unlikely that you have Bipolar Disorder"?

Also just as autism is a spectrum there are different types of bipolar.

• Now i know for sure i have autism because i got an official diagnosis and still have all the signs but i have been doing some research and i also show the signs of bipolar disorder and a borderline personality disorder so i was thinking...can it be possible that i have all three of these disorders?

Hi blueblood,

In being diagnosed as having Autism, it is more unlikely that you have Bipolar Disorder, but having Borderline Personality Disorder is much more likely to be the case as Personality Disorders are known to coexist with cases of Higher Functioning Autism. I know directly for instance another person like myself with Asperger's Syndrome and Schizo-effective Personality Disorder, and two others with BPD. I have two friends with just BD also.

In terms of ~ as is quite common ~ mistaking BD for BPD, perhaps check the following link:

https://www.medicaldaily.com/bipolar-vs-borderline-personality-disorder-differences-between-two-and-how-avoid-335314

With the most pertinent summative statement being perhaps: 

Experts note that one of the main differentiating factors between bipolar and borderline personality disorder is that symptoms of personality disorder are pretty consistent and ongoing, while people with bipolar disorder appear to have “breaks” between their extreme mood swings, in which they experience a mid-range mood where most of the symptoms that are confusing between the two disorders (impulsivity, anger, irritability, extreme emotion) aren’t present.

If that helps any?