Eye contact-such a tricky one.

I don't like to make eye contact but make myself do so because it's expected when you are interacting with people. I am never sure how long is too long though, and whether I'm over compensating  or not. After all there's not making eye contact vs outright staring at someone.

Parents
  • Hello fire monkey,you are definitely not alone in knowing how long is considered correct.

I had to learn eye contact as in my job I had to meet clients from time to time.

I don’t have answers for you I am afraid,maybe less would be better than more? To much may be considered staring where as to little is just maybe just not listening as much as you should?

To me eye contact is a very deep personal thing.something I would reserve only for close relatives, I have no friends so any chance of learning from them never happened.

I had a situation once where a lovely old lady said” my mum always said if he cannot look you in the eye then he is not to be trusted”, she said well are you honest, I replied I like to think so.

well let me look into you eyes then. We faced each other and she stared deep into my eyes, it felt like she had crawled into my body and was looking all around, After what seemed ages she reached out and took my hand and said “ you are a very honest young man,I can trust you to do a good honest job for me” . I did do an honest and good job but that eye contact was almost painful,a little bit like violation but she was nice,polite and pretty sweet which meant she was almost welcome in me. 

I have a saying it is “ EYEs wide open people. On occasion I meet someone who with just a tiny glance of eye contact I can tell they see the world clearly, they analyse,they care,they understand,they are watching everything around them, the majority of people are carrying out a predestined journey which has no flexibility,no reason but just a route,no need to look around,no need to question anything.

I can see too much when looking into eyes.maybe a reason when young to avoid it, I wouldn’t want them to see inside my crazy mind.?

eyes are a window into the soul.

take care.

• Hello fire monkey,you are definitely not alone in knowing how long is considered correct.

I had to learn eye contact as in my job I had to meet clients from time to time.

I don’t have answers for you I am afraid,maybe less would be better than more? To much may be considered staring where as to little is just maybe just not listening as much as you should?

To me eye contact is a very deep personal thing.something I would reserve only for close relatives, I have no friends so any chance of learning from them never happened.

I had a situation once where a lovely old lady said” my mum always said if he cannot look you in the eye then he is not to be trusted”, she said well are you honest, I replied I like to think so.

well let me look into you eyes then. We faced each other and she stared deep into my eyes, it felt like she had crawled into my body and was looking all around, After what seemed ages she reached out and took my hand and said “ you are a very honest young man,I can trust you to do a good honest job for me” . I did do an honest and good job but that eye contact was almost painful,a little bit like violation but she was nice,polite and pretty sweet which meant she was almost welcome in me. 

I have a saying it is “ EYEs wide open people. On occasion I meet someone who with just a tiny glance of eye contact I can tell they see the world clearly, they analyse,they care,they understand,they are watching everything around them, the majority of people are carrying out a predestined journey which has no flexibility,no reason but just a route,no need to look around,no need to question anything.

I can see too much when looking into eyes.maybe a reason when young to avoid it, I wouldn’t want them to see inside my crazy mind.?

eyes are a window into the soul.

take care.

Children
No Data