Chris Packham: Asperger's and Me 9pm BBC 2 12/10/2017

Anyone going to watch / discuss?  Looks interesting though I expect lack of empathy may be going to be applied like a blanket as usual and the Radio Times mentions 'cures' !!

Parents
  • Yes I watched this programme tonight and enjoyed it very much. In fact I had a tear in my eye at the end.

There was so much I could appreciate from my own experiences over the years. Like when my ex wife told me "you don't like people" and I remember feeling hurt by that ............but she was correct. The fact I never wanted to go to social occasions. That I too now live alone in a very rural area with my Border Collie who I love because he just accepts me for who I am. I love to walk in the forest and enjoy the wildlife we meet. The deer, foxes, red squirrels, buzzards, kestrels, jays and many little brown jobs Slight smile

Springwatch/autumnwatch are some of my favourite programmes. Thank you Chris.

I don't need any formal diagnosis after watching this programme. I know now who I am. An Aspie and happy with that.

The cures were horrific..........sadly it seems there are many NT's who believe in them. Those poor children.

Take care, Laddie.

• Hi Laddie

I like people a great deal....just don't always have the tools to deal with them.......deeply envious of your ruralness and I too are not to far away from a hill or woodland to run to!  just watch out for those "little brown job"

like you, I am self diagnosed ...

it was a good programme on the whole....but I think covered a lot off of stuff....but rather a bit thinly......for an NT looking in, food for thought....for me...it would have been good to have several programmes - one on relationships, one of experiences of growing up/school, one on employment......etc etc

Ellie

• Hi Laddie

I like people a great deal....just don't always have the tools to deal with them.......deeply envious of your ruralness and I too are not to far away from a hill or woodland to run to!  just watch out for those "little brown job"

like you, I am self diagnosed ...

it was a good programme on the whole....but I think covered a lot off of stuff....but rather a bit thinly......for an NT looking in, food for thought....for me...it would have been good to have several programmes - one on relationships, one of experiences of growing up/school, one on employment......etc etc

Ellie

Children