Chris Packham: Asperger's and Me 9pm BBC 2 12/10/2017

Anyone going to watch / discuss?  Looks interesting though I expect lack of empathy may be going to be applied like a blanket as usual and the Radio Times mentions 'cures' !!

Parents
  • Yes I watched this programme tonight and enjoyed it very much. In fact I had a tear in my eye at the end.

There was so much I could appreciate from my own experiences over the years. Like when my ex wife told me "you don't like people" and I remember feeling hurt by that ............but she was correct. The fact I never wanted to go to social occasions. That I too now live alone in a very rural area with my Border Collie who I love because he just accepts me for who I am. I love to walk in the forest and enjoy the wildlife we meet. The deer, foxes, red squirrels, buzzards, kestrels, jays and many little brown jobs Slight smile

Springwatch/autumnwatch are some of my favourite programmes. Thank you Chris.

I don't need any formal diagnosis after watching this programme. I know now who I am. An Aspie and happy with that.

The cures were horrific..........sadly it seems there are many NT's who believe in them. Those poor children.

Take care, Laddie.

• Hi Laddie

I like people a great deal....just don't always have the tools to deal with them.......deeply envious of your ruralness and I too are not to far away from a hill or woodland to run to!  just watch out for those "little brown job"

like you, I am self diagnosed ...

it was a good programme on the whole....but I think covered a lot off of stuff....but rather a bit thinly......for an NT looking in, food for thought....for me...it would have been good to have several programmes - one on relationships, one of experiences of growing up/school, one on employment......etc etc

Ellie

• I also had a tear in my eye a couple of times.  I thought it was good overall, but we need an ambassador who is female and late diagnosed.  Maleness took over some of the programme.  It was good that his like step daughter was on the programme so they showed good relationships.  I'll be sad for Chris when his dog does die.  I cried for lost pets during the programme.

• That’s absolutely fantastic well done! I’ve always thought something like this should be done. Keep us updated :D 

• We have a young contributor on board who wants to put together a publication on special interests, Laura James et al, this forums members and hopefully nas on  board to help with message distribution? !

• Would you be “in” if we gave it a punt? 

• I tried twitter and couldn't get my bearings, it was my idea of communication hell. I wish I could do it. 

• Do you think we can get NAS aware...Aspie (I.e ASD and aspirational) women’s day? Dream big...what is the worse that can happen! Hope you’re listening moderators! 

• If you pardon the pun...Aspie women need balls and have balls! Lol x

• You just tweet her that’s all....shes’s Aspie...and no one like s a busy inbox., 

• Yay, well done Ellie, that's very impressive! xxx

• Hey....us strange folk stick together right! 

• WOW! Both for sending it and the reply!

• Just heard back from Laura James (Odd girl out)

Reply Children