What keeps you fighting?

What keeps you going? Limited friends and the day to day can be tiring..,.,,

What keeps you going, what makes you smile and gives you hope?, what makes you laugh and gives you the motivation to get out of bed in the morning?

Another silly thread of mine, but I've had a tough day...looking for inspiration guys....dig deep people..

Parents
  • Days like this, I know what keeps me fighting.  The same thing that almost makes me give up.  Global injustice.  Racist killings in Charlottesville.  The provocation and seeming legitimisation of racism and homophobia by mainstream politicians and the gutter press.  A crazy man who is, nominally, the most powerful man on earth.  Sick, disabled and unemployed people in this country being treated like they're the ones responsible for all society's woes - not the people at the top who got us into the mess in the first place with their reckless gambling.

And now we have the big nuclear d**k-swinging contest between Trump and Kim Jong-un.

I saw a trailer last night for the new film 'The Sense of an Ending'.  At the end of the trailer were the words 'Coming Soon'.

How prophetic, I thought.

As Hegel said: The only thing we learn from history is that we never learn from history.

• Martian Tom said:
    As Hegel said: The only thing we learn from history is that we never learn from history.

Can we also say the same about our selves.....are we destined, due to our hard wiring, to repeat the same mistakes, find ourselves in the same situations, facing the same decisions...

We are living in scary and troubling times ....there is allot of uncertainty as we don't know where we are heading or what the final destination will be.

good morning Mr T.

• Short post! Loving the communication and spirit of this post,no energy to contribute in a happy way apart from saying that reading it has cheered me up so much today. Keep it going all you fantastic people.

• I suppose I should have personalised my links post but didn't have the energy. But the podcasts are just so helpful. I was listening to the one by Jeanette Purkis and it just so fitted some of this thread ( and me). But the podcasts have websites and so put them on. ( not that I can see them just now !!)and then I started browsing as you do and found more interesting stuff 

• Morning Lonewarrior. Hang on in there. You encourage us too. 

Reply Children
No Data