Adult regression

Has anyone experienced a spouse having severe ASD regression?

Parents
  • i suffered severe regression after a breakdown after a huge number of bad things happened at once and was more suicidal worse than ever before although that's come round again and again throughout my adult life and my diagnosis was autism. Officially regression doesn't exist but in fact it does. My friend regressed after being raped and i've met others. I lost long and short term memory, all my emotions and interests, lots of cognitive stuff (intelligence) but most of it i don't have names for so can't describe, i can only name, i can't spell any more and i used to spell perfectly, i can't remember anything any more eg if i look at my watch to see what time it is, once i had to look twelve times and often eight or nine because i can't remember, that badly; i can't recognise faces i used to be like a superrecogniser; i was doing postgrad now i cna't remember or understand even gcse level stuff; i had problems adding up but that's coming back, i used to be able to multiply two 3-digit numbers in my head. and so on. That's life. I just wish i could say it in official situations without being told i'm lying it's not true it doesn't exist.

• i suffered severe regression after a breakdown after a huge number of bad things happened at once and was more suicidal worse than ever before although that's come round again and again throughout my adult life and my diagnosis was autism. Officially regression doesn't exist but in fact it does. My friend regressed after being raped and i've met others. I lost long and short term memory, all my emotions and interests, lots of cognitive stuff (intelligence) but most of it i don't have names for so can't describe, i can only name, i can't spell any more and i used to spell perfectly, i can't remember anything any more eg if i look at my watch to see what time it is, once i had to look twelve times and often eight or nine because i can't remember, that badly; i can't recognise faces i used to be like a superrecogniser; i was doing postgrad now i cna't remember or understand even gcse level stuff; i had problems adding up but that's coming back, i used to be able to multiply two 3-digit numbers in my head. and so on. That's life. I just wish i could say it in official situations without being told i'm lying it's not true it doesn't exist.

Children
  • I’m going though this exact thing as we speak and it’s not nice I can’t get past it it’s ruining my whole life I’ve basically lost my whole family everything has gone sensitive can’t stop fidgeting I can not concentrate if there’s too many noises or if there’s 2 people talking in front of me I can’t read or write properly I’ve gone severely backwards this led to my diagnosis I got miss diagnosed with adhd as a child this situation is horrible I wouldn’t wish it upon anyone everything I do I fall out with people I can’t even think about wot to say till the words have left my mouth everything I say sounds like an excuse I need to try and find help to fix this ?? I’m constantly having to hide how I feel because of my situation I am really stuck this way I’ve done research and seems I need to fix the root of the problem and lean how to do these things again I can’t fix the root of my problem and it’s getting worse by the day