Really struggling with cleaning/ household tasks

I have just had a diagnosis of apsergers (with a fair amount of adhd traits too) at 38. I have a long history of depression and anxety. I am struggling most with executive functioning and it is the adhd traits that seem to be causing my the most problems at the moment. I have struggled for so long with keeping my house clean and uncluttered. My house is full of clutter and I am a huge procrastinator, have very low motivation and even if I do actually manage to do some housework I get distracted or can't seem to  do it for long. I get over whelmed by everything that needs to be done but also seem to have an issue with just doing a little bit at a time. 

I have been criticised by my husband and my parents for so long as they just couldn't understand why I found it all so difficult. I wish I could employ a cleaner and someone to help me organise things but I don't have the money. 

Any adivce woulde be much appreciated. I was only diagnosed last week and am still getting my head around it all. 

Parents
  • I really enjoy coming here because i can totally relate to you all. For the first time i feel i'm not alone.

I could have written this myself. My flat is a mess, i can understand quantum science but i can't keep a house cleaned. My fridge is a nightmare... at home i just don't know what is supposed to do.

I really believe that autistic adults need formal tutors to help us in household.

Anyway, here are my fragile strategies:

saturday

1st - clean the toilet - 20 minutes

2nd - clean the hall - 15 minutes

3rd - clean my bedroom - 1 h

4th - clean the kitchen - 2h30 min

sunday

1st - clean the living room - 1h

2nd - clean my desk - never  ending job

I can't do this every weekends, sometimes can only do this twice a month. My flat is never cleaned and i feel ashamed of having visitors because of that, which is not quite an issue for me, as i have no friends and no relation with any relatives, whatsoever.

We really need formal care in this area but do you believe that NT will ever help us in our homes?

• I really enjoy coming here because i can totally relate to you all. For the first time i feel i'm not alone.

I could have written this myself. My flat is a mess, i can understand quantum science but i can't keep a house cleaned. My fridge is a nightmare... at home i just don't know what is supposed to do.

I really believe that autistic adults need formal tutors to help us in household.

Anyway, here are my fragile strategies:

saturday

1st - clean the toilet - 20 minutes

2nd - clean the hall - 15 minutes

3rd - clean my bedroom - 1 h

4th - clean the kitchen - 2h30 min

sunday

1st - clean the living room - 1h

2nd - clean my desk - never  ending job

I can't do this every weekends, sometimes can only do this twice a month. My flat is never cleaned and i feel ashamed of having visitors because of that, which is not quite an issue for me, as i have no friends and no relation with any relatives, whatsoever.

We really need formal care in this area but do you believe that NT will ever help us in our homes?

Children
No Data