noise sensitivity (lfn aswell)

hi guys, does anyone else have noise sensitivity problems or problems with low frequency noises? I thought it would be a good idea for me to set up this space for us to discuss any problems we may be having in regards to these matters. Any help, advice and strategies would be more than welcome. thanks, mike.

Parents
  • Hi, I have noise sensitivities; the worst is a tidal barrier being built close to work. They use this motorised hammer that sits on top of a big metal pile. Which vibrates to force the pile in to the ground.

I can't say I have tied it down to frequencies, another annoying one for me is a new colleague at work who does this partial touch typing very fast, only when he is typing social messages, not work related. It's not particularly loud, and I had not been too bothered by typing noise in the past, and I have worked full time in the same industry for 20 years.

Another big one for me, is kid's squeeling sound in the nursery over the road, or in a supermarket.

Oddly, one of my recent interests have been old audio equipment, and the setup I have now, the bass sound really fills and dominate the space, I find it very realaxing and engaging. One of my old interests, was experimenting with sounds on a synthesizer; There were certain sounds and charateristics to a sound that would draw my interest in.

Something, I brought up in my diagnosis. Over a year ago, I was in the large Tesco in town. Have been there years. Anway two freezers that were beside the same isle, were very noisy. You would hear them rattle and hum, but the sound was rythmic, as they were both a little out of phase of each other. There was just something about the sound they that hooked me, and I stood between them for several minutes to take it all in

Random

• Hi, I have noise sensitivities; the worst is a tidal barrier being built close to work. They use this motorised hammer that sits on top of a big metal pile. Which vibrates to force the pile in to the ground.

I can't say I have tied it down to frequencies, another annoying one for me is a new colleague at work who does this partial touch typing very fast, only when he is typing social messages, not work related. It's not particularly loud, and I had not been too bothered by typing noise in the past, and I have worked full time in the same industry for 20 years.

Another big one for me, is kid's squeeling sound in the nursery over the road, or in a supermarket.

Oddly, one of my recent interests have been old audio equipment, and the setup I have now, the bass sound really fills and dominate the space, I find it very realaxing and engaging. One of my old interests, was experimenting with sounds on a synthesizer; There were certain sounds and charateristics to a sound that would draw my interest in.

Something, I brought up in my diagnosis. Over a year ago, I was in the large Tesco in town. Have been there years. Anway two freezers that were beside the same isle, were very noisy. You would hear them rattle and hum, but the sound was rythmic, as they were both a little out of phase of each other. There was just something about the sound they that hooked me, and I stood between them for several minutes to take it all in

Random

Children
No Data