Do Autistic adults understand emotional connection?

I am married to an ASD man.

I talk about my unmet emotional needs and he doesn't understand when I talk about the lack of connection.

He just talks about whether I am meeting his unmet needs which are just idealistic and not a basic need.

Can anyone help?  Am I fighting a losing battle?  Is an emotional connection not possible in an ND relationship?

Parents
  • I always experience the idealized love in my daydreams deeper than the reality. This often leaves me somehow not satisfied. Having my pattern recognition, seeing the difference between my idealized love in my mind and the real love I just work on myself to firstly accept the fact that it is what it is, secondly recognize what’s the core of the problem, and then I try to balance it - see what my husband or I actually can change, and what I have to leave in my fantasy world. I’m not sure if it’s helpful, or if it has anything to do with autism or not at all, maybe NTs also experience it similarly. 

• I always experience the idealized love in my daydreams deeper than the reality. This often leaves me somehow not satisfied. Having my pattern recognition, seeing the difference between my idealized love in my mind and the real love I just work on myself to firstly accept the fact that it is what it is, secondly recognize what’s the core of the problem, and then I try to balance it - see what my husband or I actually can change, and what I have to leave in my fantasy world. I’m not sure if it’s helpful, or if it has anything to do with autism or not at all, maybe NTs also experience it similarly. 

Children
No Data