Do Autistic adults understand emotional connection?

I am married to an ASD man.

I talk about my unmet emotional needs and he doesn't understand when I talk about the lack of connection.

He just talks about whether I am meeting his unmet needs which are just idealistic and not a basic need.

Can anyone help?  Am I fighting a losing battle?  Is an emotional connection not possible in an ND relationship?

Parents
  • Is an emotional connection not possible in an ND relationship?

I suggest you take responsibility for the part you are playing within this breakdown of communications.

Going to a couples counsellor might help.

Just the fact that you believe an emotional connection might not be possible 'in an ND relationship' worries me.

I've had deep and meaningful relationships with NDs and NTs.

The person I've spent the afternoon with is autistic, as am I, and we have been close loving friends for 30 years and are very supportive of one another.

I am also happily married (to an allistic).

• Is an emotional connection not possible in an ND relationship?

I suggest you take responsibility for the part you are playing within this breakdown of communications.

Going to a couples counsellor might help.

Just the fact that you believe an emotional connection might not be possible 'in an ND relationship' worries me.

I've had deep and meaningful relationships with NDs and NTs.

The person I've spent the afternoon with is autistic, as am I, and we have been close loving friends for 30 years and are very supportive of one another.

I am also happily married (to an allistic).

Children
No Data