Self harm

I've attempted suicide many times but I don't do that anymore. I just self harm now. [content removed by Moderator due to breaches of rule 4 of the online community rules and guidelines] but I will not kill myself, or attempt to again, because I know two women whose relatives killed themselves and apparently it traumatised them. Funnily enough, I kind of fell in love with those two women. Well, one of them in particular. The other one I consider one of the nicest people I know. Every day I long for some meaningful human contact but I can't find it anywhere.

Parents Reply Children
  • I don't think it's free either. When I sent a text with the name and number, I got an instant reply saying that there is a charge.

"You can text Shout free and anonymously from all major UK networks. It is free and confidential to text our service from all the major UK networks EE, O2, Three and Vodafone, as well as BT Mobile, GiffGaff, iD Mobile, Lebara, Sky, Smarty, Telecom Plus, Tesco Mobile, Virgin Mobile and Voxi.

If you are contacting us from a network listed above, and the service does not appear to be working for you, please reply with your mobile phone number and network provider at info@giveusashout.org. We need this information to be able to investigate the circumstances.

Some Android phones, including the Samsung Galaxy handset, issue a warning that you will be charged for texting us. Provided you are on one of the networks listed here, this warning is incorrect and you will not be charged.

Please note - if you have been issued with the warning message and you have hit deny, you will not be able to send an SMS to our service as you have set a block setting on your Android device to prevent you from texting us. We have some instructions available here which will help you change your settings and be able to text us again.

If you text us from a network that is not on this list there is a possibility that you may be charged for the messages and that they may appear on your bill. This applies to a very small minority of operators. If your mobile network is not listed here, please check with your mobile network operator directly."

More info here, under the question "What mobile phone networks can I text Shout from?":

https://giveusashout.org/about-us/faq/

• I don't think it's free either. When I sent a text with the name and number, I got an instant reply saying that there is a charge. Unless it's changed since.