I went to a Pub

I wanted to stress myself on my own terms. I am socialy testing myself to grow my social muscles. 

A few days before I googled, 'is it OK to go to the pub on my own'. It should be fine. If it is quite, the bar-keep will be happy and friendly for a chat. But if it is busy, make a simple order and move away. 

It was quite for the evening. Not sure I was disappointed or relieved? Well it seemed it won't be as testing  as I thought. 

Do I drink alcohol or not? I walked there, so I had options. If I sat on my own, I would be happy with a pint of milk ;). Maybe a tea or a coffee. I chose a bottle of cider. It would keep my hands occupied. I could corress it, or choke the neck if I feel the need. I took a chance and asked the bar-boy if the man playing the machine want a drink. We shared forgettable small talk and a second round. A few people came and went engaging the regular with local gossip. After two bottles i was surprised i felt it in my legs when I said farewell. 

I enjoyed the walk home. I buzzed with energy, soothed in the meditive rhythm of walking. What to do next week?

Parents
  • Try going to a restaurant. Lunchtime, Monday to Wednesday are usually quiet times in restaurants, they will be glad of your custom and you wont have to put up with much noise or crowds of people. You quite often get a lunchtime menu which can be significantly less expensive than the evening prices.

• Try going to a restaurant. Lunchtime, Monday to Wednesday are usually quiet times in restaurants, they will be glad of your custom and you wont have to put up with much noise or crowds of people. You quite often get a lunchtime menu which can be significantly less expensive than the evening prices.

Children
No Data