I went to a Pub

I wanted to stress myself on my own terms. I am socialy testing myself to grow my social muscles. 

A few days before I googled, 'is it OK to go to the pub on my own'. It should be fine. If it is quite, the bar-keep will be happy and friendly for a chat. But if it is busy, make a simple order and move away. 

It was quite for the evening. Not sure I was disappointed or relieved? Well it seemed it won't be as testing  as I thought. 

Do I drink alcohol or not? I walked there, so I had options. If I sat on my own, I would be happy with a pint of milk ;). Maybe a tea or a coffee. I chose a bottle of cider. It would keep my hands occupied. I could corress it, or choke the neck if I feel the need. I took a chance and asked the bar-boy if the man playing the machine want a drink. We shared forgettable small talk and a second round. A few people came and went engaging the regular with local gossip. After two bottles i was surprised i felt it in my legs when I said farewell. 

I enjoyed the walk home. I buzzed with energy, soothed in the meditive rhythm of walking. What to do next week?

Parents Reply Children
No Data