I'm struggling to cope that I have an autism diagnosis

So it will be a year since I got diagnosed for autism I'm really struggling to cope with this I don't know what to do to help myself cope with this since my pass i have been really struggling to cope I don't know who to turn to for help 

Parents
  • Hi there. I think for me it is like a circle of emotions which goes round and round. I know on one level that I should be accepting, but often I seem to be in depression and occasionally anger, but less and less denial. For me, it's like a Kubler Ross grief cycle.

I think for me I am still finding my tribe. My family is my rock, because we are all autistic, so we 'get' each other. So that helps.

Out there in the world, it is a lot more difficult. 

I have immersed myself in autism literature and that has been useful for me. I've not been to any support groups as I'm not sure it would be helpful for me, but maybe one day.

I've also spent more time on my special interest, which I think helps.

I have tried all the other things to look after my mental health separately. Counselling, stopping drinking alcohol, exercising, instant messaging my few friends. Things that I should do may also happen in the future: writing down my feelings and journalling, eating a healthier diet, losing weight. The list is definitely one which 'might' happen.

I wish you well on your journey. Take care of yourself.

• Hi there. I think for me it is like a circle of emotions which goes round and round. I know on one level that I should be accepting, but often I seem to be in depression and occasionally anger, but less and less denial. For me, it's like a Kubler Ross grief cycle.

I think for me I am still finding my tribe. My family is my rock, because we are all autistic, so we 'get' each other. So that helps.

Out there in the world, it is a lot more difficult. 

I have immersed myself in autism literature and that has been useful for me. I've not been to any support groups as I'm not sure it would be helpful for me, but maybe one day.

I've also spent more time on my special interest, which I think helps.

I have tried all the other things to look after my mental health separately. Counselling, stopping drinking alcohol, exercising, instant messaging my few friends. Things that I should do may also happen in the future: writing down my feelings and journalling, eating a healthier diet, losing weight. The list is definitely one which 'might' happen.

I wish you well on your journey. Take care of yourself.

Children
No Data