Time and autisim

Do you ver find if there's nothing to do time moves slow and it hurts your brain but if you enjoy something and take the time to enjoy each moment mindfully it slows time down in a fun way where you feel like an hour is a day a day like a week ect 

I have tried explaining this to people before everytime its oh yeah time goes slow if you clock watch... I'm not clock watching though I see the clock as I pass that's not clock watching 

Or they say oh no time flies when your having fun 

And people always describe mindfulness more like taking note of the taste of food never do they seem to mention helping time not fly away  if that makes sense 

The fun one is great but the boredom one I could do without 

Parents
  • There is a some evidence for some autistics having problems with their circadian rhythm and biological clocks, and this may possibly affect the perception of the passing of time as well as causing sleep problems. See this paper for example: www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/.../

• Why is ASD pluralised in that article?

Thinking

• Presumably because that usage is used by the WHO, for example: "Autism spectrum disorders (ASD) are a diverse group of conditions. They are characterized by some degree of difficulty with social interaction and communication. Other characteristics are atypical patterns of activities and behaviours, such as difficulty with transition from one activity to another, a focus on details and unusual reactions to sensations." This was culled from a WHO website page.

It may also be aimed at including Pervasive Development Disorder and Asperger's.

• Presumably because that usage is used by the WHO, for example: "Autism spectrum disorders (ASD) are a diverse group of conditions. They are characterized by some degree of difficulty with social interaction and communication. Other characteristics are atypical patterns of activities and behaviours, such as difficulty with transition from one activity to another, a focus on details and unusual reactions to sensations." This was culled from a WHO website page.

It may also be aimed at including Pervasive Development Disorder and Asperger's.

Children
No Data