Very-late-diagnosis

Hello everyone. I’m in the process of getting assessed at the age of 71. I’m pretty sure, from what the assessor has said, that I’ll get an official diagnosis, and even if I don’t, I’m happy to self-diagnose. Understanding where I fit has come so late in life, but it’s wonderful. I’d love to know about any others on here who have come to this understanding as late in life as I have. Anyone out there???

Parents
  • Hi Clarissa, I was diagnosed at 21 (three years ago) but wanted to welcome you to the online community. It's really wonderful to have someone brave, open, and curious enough to undertake this journey so late. I hope you find what you need here, if you choose to stay. 

• Hi Clarissa, I was diagnosed at 21 (three years ago) but wanted to welcome you to the online community. It's really wonderful to have someone brave, open, and curious enough to undertake this journey so late. I hope you find what you need here, if you choose to stay. 

Children
  • Thankyou. I don’t know about brave. I was just lucky enough this summer to start sessions with a new therapist for my depression - after only two sessions with me he broached the topic of autism. No one had ever seen it in me before, or at least not told me. I was overcome with excitementRofl. Could wait to have it confirmed. It takes the shame away from having problems all my life. So no, not brave , just lucky