Responding to someone who is very blunt

What is the best way to teach your children how to respond to an autistic adult who is very blunt and opinionated? It comes across as being very rude although it is not intended to be that way. 

Parents
  • My friend Pat is extremely blunt and to the point, she's about as subtle as a brick in the face!, As far as I know she's not ASC, she just does it and has no understanding of how others percieve her words, it dosen't help that she has a very RP accent. But she's lovely, a very kind and principaled person, who intelligent and good company, it's just that you will alway get a totally honest opinion from her, it's quite refreshing.

But I can understand how hard it must be for younger or more sensitive people to be around someone like that.

• My friend Pat is extremely blunt and to the point, she's about as subtle as a brick in the face!, As far as I know she's not ASC, she just does it and has no understanding of how others percieve her words, it dosen't help that she has a very RP accent. But she's lovely, a very kind and principaled person, who intelligent and good company, it's just that you will alway get a totally honest opinion from her, it's quite refreshing.

But I can understand how hard it must be for younger or more sensitive people to be around someone like that.

Children
No Data