Wildlife guess who games

I came up with this idea cause of a frequent visiter when i was away 

guess who this is? 

• maybe another time.  im going to do another guess who for everyone

• Would you like any more?

• As I said earlier. I am not very good at this, and I am seeing this as a fun opportunity for you to identify animals that I have taken pictures of over the years.

Are you right?

This also qualifies for your 'funny' thread because it looks cute holding it's nut.

• if your talking about the brownish one with the blue stripe then my guess is Jay 

• well done evryone even though you didnt all guess correctly you did very  well. games like this can be not just fun but educational. it takes time to learn how to identify birds so dont exspect to allways get your guesess right strait away you have a couple of gueses

easy ones to start with and some great easy ones   is Blue tit cause all you need to remember is blue head.

for the great tit if seen from other angles like its back and not from the tummy. the wings will be blue not gray. and the second thing to look for is the head.  black head not blue. Blue tit and great tit, Robin,Blackbird are good ones to start with and there very easy to learn 

when Great tit is seen from the front unlike all the other Tit it has a black stripe down its tummy. this is a exstremely distinctive feaature.

males have a broad black stripe. females have a thin Black stripe. 

• thats correct. well done.  you were the first one to get the answer right aswell. 

• you are correct.  

Great Tit

• thanks. and thanks for the thought.  its just that I left so many clues and it would of been all too easy for it to reveal weather it was or not cause of that and there wouldnt be much point in me acompanying a photo for the answer if someones already added the photo to the thread of the whole bird. if it was only half of the bird with the part of the bird hidden that would of been differant cause it wouldnt be as revealing.  its just cause it would be all too easy for people to put two and two together in this case - both photos of the great tit along with the description I gave that already just about gave it away. 

•  thanks. thats good you dont want to ruin it for others. in this situation  if people have seen my comment with the  written description of the bird in my post and how theres only one option left theres could well be  some that already have an idea themselfs regardless of weather they just simply guessed or looked up the term or knew what it is. 

the thing  is that im going to be revealing the answer with an image of the whole bird and not just in word form 

Iv just been waiting cause I want to make sure others get a turn aswell.

im going to be revealing the whole bird when I post the answer after the guesess when i do a guess  so will be revealing the answer to the bird in the post before moving on to either someone elses guess who game or my own. 

great tit is an easy one like blue tit and neither can be visualy mistakened for any other species.   blue tit has a blue head and the other doesnt even though they both have yellow tummys and blue feathers. to keep things as fair as possible  for those who are just guessing it would be preferable to try and guess based on any  clues i or another person has mentioned  but I can understand the tempation. 

if I say yes or no to  am I right under  the photo above  I could potentialy  reveal it to you before revealing it so I hope you dont mind but with the amount of clues Iv given I cant answer it in this case. I will be sending the answer very very soon though cause the game has gone on for a long time. 

after iv sent the aswer then il go on to the guess who thing you have sent for us 

• So, the only clue I will give you now is that it's head is on the left above the bit of picture.

• I can't do this without cheating and using Google.

(Removed picture in case it spoils for others(

I think that I now know what bird this is myself. Am I right? I don't want to ruin it for others.

• When this round has finished, can I do one for you? The difference will be that I won't know the answer, either. If that's OK?

• to make it easyer on everyone there is only 2 options it isnt Blue tit. Blue tit has a blue head rather than black.

its not coal tit. coal tt is all gray just like marsh and willow. 

its not the other members of the tit family like long tailed tit. the long tailed tit is named after its long lollipop stick like tail

it is also black and white with a white tummy 

it isnt bearded tit bearded tit has brown wings and white tummy with a gray head 

all the other Tit above  in the tit family are the wrong colour which leaves only one tit  left 

this last option can only potentialy be comfused with the blue tit

for instance theres only 2 species in the Tit family that have blue wings

Blue tit 

Great tit 

but is very easy to tell apart

its the head that is the absoloute giveway. 

Blue tit has a Blue head 

Great tit black 

so we know Blue tit is very unlikely cause it has a blue head.  coal tit is unlikely cause its all gray and plain. 

the bird in the photo has a black head 

blue wings 

Bright yellow tunmmy 

greenish yellow on its back 

one white stripe on its wing - not 2 stripes or 0 stripes. 

guess who it is 

• you were very close with coal tit. it isnt any of the other birds from the Tit family its just great tit or coal tit so its one of those two 

Coal tit is exstremely unlikely cause its got completely  gray feathers and back all over  and its tummy is pale and not yellow. it isnt very colourful but instead rather plain and so doesnt have any blue feathers on its wings  or even any green on its back  at all.  

the great tit is colourful unlike the coal tit and it has a black hood and blue wings with some greenish yellow  on its back. its also only has one wingbar whereas the coal tit has 2 

which one do you think it is?

• Bearded tit ? No wrong colour ...

• Hmmm I really can't think....

• both willow and marsh tit have a black hood but they have  gray wings and pale bellies rather than yellow and unlike great tit and coal tit they have no stripes at all on the side of the wings either. this helps sperate them from the coal tit and the great tit.

the other 4 Blue tit, Coal tit and marsh and willow arent the answer if I go through Blue tit Great tit and coal tit to help you out abit 

Blue tit has a blue hood completley white face and bright yellow belly and blue wings, 

Great tit has a black hood and bright yellow belly but the thing to look for is that it  has 1 white wing bar on the side of its wing and bluish green on its back and wings. 

Coal tit has gray wings like willow tit and marsh tit but while the great tit has only one wing bar, willow tit and marsh tit have none 

for seperating coal tit and great tit one of the  differances from the Great tit  with a black hood   is that the coal tit has 2 wing bars and the great tit only has one 

well done though 

have another look and have a second guess