Update on Confused post .Still confused.

So following my post from almost a fortnight ago, I'm still confused. 

Update.

So the guy I mentioned before, has continued to give me gifts. And I believe even flirted with me.

So I asked a third party to offer him my phone number. She later told me that he does want me in his life, but he is not looking for a romantic relationship. More companionship. And I'm okay with that, I think.

But she also said that he doesn't want my number just yet because he needs to process the situation. I kind of get this (as i too am Autistic), but I feel like I'm getting mixed messages from him.

Why would someone behave in that way (gift giving and flirting) if they didn't want a friendship to develop into something more ? So, what is there to process ?

Him not wanting my number feels a bit like rejection or game playing if I'm honest. And this is making me feel like I want to withdraw, and not go to the group that we both attend anymore.

Am I looking at this all wrong ? 

Please be kind, I'm fragile. 

Parents
  • Hi Moonchild, I am really weird about relationships. I can see myself acting like this guy in a similar situation. Not sure how to explain. Maybe he wants to control the pace. Maybe he is unsure of his ability to maintain a friendship. Maybe he is unsure if he wants a friend right now. Maybe he's afraid of trying and failing. I am very ambivalent about friendships because I have a long, long history of failures. Also a long history of being confused so I can certainly relate on that score! Good Luck!

• Thank you for sharing your perspective. It's helped. And thank you for the good luck wish. It's good to know that I'm not the only one who finds relationships confusing. 

Reply Children
No Data