Is it ok to have preferences?

I am not attracted to the people local to my area, they seem uninteresting.

Yesterday I went to my local supermarket and saw a young lady working there, she was tall, slim with lovely brown hair and, helping an elderly customer, spoke with an accent that was perhaps American or Canadian, I don't know.

I also like the idols I see in music videos and entertainment videos they feature in showing their talent, personality and unique looks.

Once in a while I spot a girl wearing a pretty outfit that catches my eye.

To me they are a breath of fresh air compared to the local people who I find not interesting and run of the mill, no offence intended.

Regarding the title I often prefer women with black or brown hair and brown eyes with a slim or average build not covered in tattoos like most people in my town.  I value personality most of all.

Sorry for rambling I am battling heartburn right now and can't sleep.

Parents
  • I've got a thing about accents. Americans and Canadians are pretty much the only accents I can listen to at length. Which is pretty important with someone you hopefully intend to spend a lot of time talking with. Though my preference for Americans and Canadians could certainly be owed to by how many of them get excited by my Scottish accent. It's an easy ice breaker for someone that doesn't break ice easy.

Other than that... I had a chance to spend some extended time with someone I'd been more than friends with. One thing that stuck with me is that she was so short and light, that when she fell asleep at her desk, I could carry her to her bed and tuck her in. It's something I hope I can do again in the future.

• I've got a thing about accents. Americans and Canadians are pretty much the only accents I can listen to at length. Which is pretty important with someone you hopefully intend to spend a lot of time talking with. Though my preference for Americans and Canadians could certainly be owed to by how many of them get excited by my Scottish accent. It's an easy ice breaker for someone that doesn't break ice easy.

Other than that... I had a chance to spend some extended time with someone I'd been more than friends with. One thing that stuck with me is that she was so short and light, that when she fell asleep at her desk, I could carry her to her bed and tuck her in. It's something I hope I can do again in the future.

Children
No Data