Work and disability laws any help would be greatly appreciated

So I guess as diagnosed in April, I have been off work since January.

at first I wasn’t going to inform work of my diagnosis, then I thought it may be helpful if I did so when I went back they might understand my situation better.

when I informed work all they said was ‘ having autism and a diagnosis doesn’t change anything because we know you can do the job as you have shown over the last few years’.

they still operate in the old times and I do believe that nothing will change.

can they just expect me to come back in and carry on?

this is not the first time I have suffered burnout, I had to take a few months off in 2022 also

Parents
  • When informed that an employee has a disability any employer is required by law to make 'reasonable accommodations'. Reasonable accommodations does not mean 'just enough to enable you to so the job', no it means that it enables you to function at work to the same level as any of your 'able' colleagues. So that you are not discriminated against. For example, if you can do the job, but the lighting in your office is painful for you and it causes tiredness and anxiety, then obviously the work environment is not equal between you and other colleagues. A reasonable adjustment would be to move you to an office with lighting that does not cause you distress or changing the lighting.

If you are not a member of a trades union, I would recommend joining one, as their 'case workers' can help you get your lawful rights.

• Thank you,

I don’t think I would be able to recommend any reasonable adjustments to help me go back to work if I’m honest. I liked my old office and whilst I’ve been of they even moved to a new office without informing me, I feel as though they think they own you once you are in a contract with them and my problem is I hate confrontation and it’s going to come down to a massive row when I try and leave again 

• Thank you,

I don’t think I would be able to recommend any reasonable adjustments to help me go back to work if I’m honest. I liked my old office and whilst I’ve been of they even moved to a new office without informing me, I feel as though they think they own you once you are in a contract with them and my problem is I hate confrontation and it’s going to come down to a massive row when I try and leave again 

Children
No Data