Stranger Things

I could go on about Stranger Things, but I might be accused of monologuing. Isn’t it strange that autistic people are considered strange for enthusiastically sharing information about things they love? In the olden days, other such harmless behaviour could mean being sent to a lunatic asylum...[removed by moderator] Stranger Things.

Have you watched Stranger Things? I've just started series 3, so no spoilers! The first series was absolutely thrilling.

Parents Reply Children
  • . I should try that again. I watched the first series and remember the addict. I liked the family. And then I forgot all about it. Funny thing is that I've watched all the new shows too (Daryl, the Rick/Michonne one and the Maggie/Negan one) I'll have to try it again - thanks for the re-recommendation...

I took this photo in the lobby of the Robot Cafe in Tokyo when I was I was there in 2018. It's a photo of a photo, but I was pleased all the same. It was their visitors wall of fame. I only took a few photos of the wall, but was most please with his.

• Have you tried Fear the Walking Dead? I actually enjoyed that much better than the original. It's a good slow build of the chaos (not as slow as I would have liked however) and one of the main characters is an addict whose mother spends the zombie apocalypse finding pills so he doesn't have to go cold Turkey.

• Yes the site can be really annoying. Especially when it's slow so one hit's reply again. I was blocked for that!

The thing about The Walking Dead is that it is never about the actual zombies. It's the characters, and how awful people become. Handsmaids looked too depressing for me, but I did like the 80s film.

• Oddly enough, despite it being (as you rightly say) a mainly American thing to say Season, I'm so steeped i Doctor Who fandom's 'Season' terminology, which for decades has been the default way for UK fans (and nearly all fans worldwide) to refer to the 1963-1989 run... that I can't help reflexively doing that for other shows from both sides of the pond. Except, oddly enough, for the 2005-2023 phase of the continuation, where 'Series' is necessary as a contrasitive way to delinate which 1, 3, 5, 13, etc. one is talking about. Things now get complicated with the Ncuti run, as 'Season' has for now been re-adopted by the showrunners, and that means that for the first time there's no easy way to distinguish which Season1 is which (Hartnell or Gatwa) until further clues emerge out of either context or specifics. 

Um... "Isn’t it strange that autistic people are considered strange for enthusiastically sharing information about things they love?"

Guilty as charged. :-)

• It seems I can't reply to this thread without it being marked as spam or abuse, I suspect it's because it dosen't like a certain word in the title of Sons of A....

This site does my head in sometimes

• I didn't get on with The Hand Maids Tale either which everyone was raving about. I loved Downton Abbey and The White Queen, several series I enjoyed have been chopped by the networks, like Harlots and Becoming Elizabeth.

I think a lot of programs like Breaking Bad and The Hand Maids Tale are just to depressing and dark, I don't mind blood and guts, but its the ongoing grind that does me in and zombies shuffling around in their grave clothes moaning I just find boring. The only zombie film I ever liked was Cockney's vs Zombies.

I think one of the reasons I liked Sons of Anarchy so much, was because I had a chance to join a Hells Angel group and become "Gemma", although they wern't 1%'er's and they were in Britain rather than America. In some strange way it felt watching an alternative reality, of how life could of been had I made a different choice. I'm glad I didn't make that choice!

• Yes. Season 4. Being annoyingly British I want to say Series 4, but the show is American, so S4. It's the one with Kate Bush so brilliantly used. I liked GoT, Line of Duty, Rome and The Borgias too.