I'm stuck in a rut

I'm a 35 year old guy who is still stuck living off his birth family, currently no job so I'm stuck at home in an isolated neighbourhood and no friends or lovers so I only go out for errands.  If I didn't have to travel several miles home and back I would spend my days at a gym or library (I don't drive so I walk across hills and take buses.)

I'm the only one of my siblings who doesn't have a social life or an occupation to get me out of the house and it fucking sucks.  I'm considering turning to Hinge or Badoo or some other social app to fill the gaping void.  FML  :(

Parents
  • Dear Desolate,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the online community. We can see you have received some nice responses from other online community users on this thread.

We have 115 volunteer-led branches across the UK. Our hard-working volunteers run support, information and social activities for autistic adults, children and their families in their local area. They also organise and join in with fundraising and campaigning. Find out more by searching for a branch near you: https://www.autism.org.uk/what-we-do/local-branches 

We also have volunteer-led online branches for autistic people to reach out and seek peer support for a shared interest, identity or experience: www.autism.org.uk/.../online 

You can try searching on our Autism Services Directory for support and social groups for autistic people, their families and friends. 

I hope this is helpful.

Kind Regards,

Rosie Mod

• Dear Desolate,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the online community. We can see you have received some nice responses from other online community users on this thread.

We have 115 volunteer-led branches across the UK. Our hard-working volunteers run support, information and social activities for autistic adults, children and their families in their local area. They also organise and join in with fundraising and campaigning. Find out more by searching for a branch near you: https://www.autism.org.uk/what-we-do/local-branches 

We also have volunteer-led online branches for autistic people to reach out and seek peer support for a shared interest, identity or experience: www.autism.org.uk/.../online 

You can try searching on our Autism Services Directory for support and social groups for autistic people, their families and friends. 

I hope this is helpful.

Kind Regards,

Rosie Mod

Children