Are there any unwealthy autistic persons here?

By that I mean those receiving universal credit/ESA or pension credit(if old enough). Those who live in social housing, and aren't well off enough to be home owners.

Parents Reply Children
  • I've always felt like that too - and in groups in real life too - and I also experienced some bullying when I was young.

I think that you have identified a difference between yourself and some of the other people on this forum (in terms of family background /wealth) and have used that as a reason for why you feel you don't fit in. That's not the reason - you don't feel like you fit in because you're autistic, and most of us don't get the feeling of belonging in a group that neurotypical people get. Just look at how many of us on here have "imposter syndrome".

But being autistic is about being unique, and we have to learn to appreciate that in ourselves as well as others. But we will have some shared experiences and fears, and we can share and support each other here.

• I've always felt forums wise, not just here, that I'm on the outside of the inner circle looking in on it. That I'm not liked or wanted as others are.  Also there's the feeling of alienation  that stems from a lack of shared experiences. I have no doubt that much of this extreme anxiety/insecurity/ non bizarre paranoia stems from the bullying related trauma I struggle with.