Recommendations for Noise cancelling headphones

Hello, I'm looking for recommendations for Noise cancelling headphones to wear at home and work as theres construction in the area for next few years. Ideally I'm not looking to spend too much as I'm going to be moving house within the next year and will need to furnish the whole property. If it will drastically improve my expieremce I may spend more.

I've been looking at soundcore headphones too as theyre reasonably priced, specifically the Space Ones as they're currently on offer. 

• What do you all use and recommend? 
  • Thanks, no opportunity to try on as I live on a remote scottish island. 

• to wear at home and work as theres construction in the area for next few years.

It sounds like you'll need to wear them very often and throughout the day, so I also recommend prioritising comfort and quality.

If a more expensive pair feels more comfortable (including breathability of the ear cups), they might be a worthwhile investment. Comfort is especially important if you'll also be wearing glasses - I had to return a new pair of headphones because the excessive pressure was really painful. 

Do you have access to any shops where you could try on some different models (vs the hassle of buying online, trying, and returning)?  

I have the Bose QuietComfort 35 Mk II, which I like a lot, including for comfort and sound quality (not a current model - I bought them a few years ago to replace an older Bose model, which I then sold on eBay). I'll probably choose Bose again next time, but never at full price - I always search for a good deal :)

• Mine are the older Soundcore Q20, I’ve had them for about 2 years and use them a lot, I’m in a room   at the moment with the TV on, I can’t hear the TV whilst wearing them.  Mine were about £45 at the time, the reviews are very good, I got mine from Amazon. I can’t tell you if they are as good as expensive ones as I’ve never tried a pair. I suggest trying a pair of the newer Soundcore space ones, if you don’t like them then return them.

• Is this the soundcore space ones?

How good is the noise cancellation? 

• From my own experience, while good quality noise cancelling headphones “over the ear” are very difficult to find that have multipoint (connecting two devices at once, such as your phone and your iPad) and with good build quality, while I’m not silly enough to spend £500 on a pair of headphones, you can find some good pairs at many outlets for less than £50 but you do have to do a lot of digging and looking around for quite a while, asking loads of questions - for me, no matter how much padding is on the earcups, if the earcups are too small, then these are going to be uncomfortable if worn for long periods, confirmed by some of the YouTube videos I’ve seen as a lot of people on there do reviews of what’s out there - if you are going to be travelling, as I do going hone to Ireland on the train and ferry via Holyhead - Dublin, then good build quality is going to be vital as you don’t them falling apart or breaking after 6 months - I live on a council estate where there are a lot of screaming kids and barking dogs you really do need them as the council won’t do anything about noise complaints and will prosecute you instead for making a “false” or “malicious” complaint - I’m not really tied to any brands but later Bluetooth standards should have Multipoint (two devices at once) - I can’t use the “in-ear” headphones as they keep falling out because my eardrums are too big and won’t hold them in 

• I’m actually wearing a pair at the moment, they are good for the cost of them, the sound cancelling works well and the sound is good. I’ve used them on flights and the difference is amazing. I can’t poke things into my ears, so these are ideal. There are £200 -£450 pairs on the market but I can’t afford them. Dyson has just bought a pair out, I googled them and decided against at £450.