Did any of you feel as though you had an adult voice in your head as a child?

I did, it wasn't a voice coming from outside and talking to me, but an inner voice, it was like part of me was already grown up and would comment on things and people around me. It was something that kept me frorm making some mistakes, but also set me apart as "the sensible one". Being the sensible one often meant that any mistakes or just being a child were punnished more harshly than those who weren't expected to be sensible. I don't know how else to explain it, but it still pops up occaisionally, often when I'm in a crowd and people are playing silly head games, it shows me what the game is, so as I don't have to play it.

Parents
  • Mine aged along with me till I got to about 60yrs old and then leveled off. I have 2 voices. One is a mummy (all to myself) the other is a councilor who helps me make decisions. I cherish them

• Mine aged along with me till I got to about 60yrs old and then leveled off. I have 2 voices. One is a mummy (all to myself) the other is a councilor who helps me make decisions. I cherish them

Children
No Data