My thoughts after re-joining the forum

Hi, I came back to the forum a few days ago after a break of a couple of months and I was disappointed to see threads that had been locked and people being upset.

I'm not going to discuss the threads, I just wanted to say that I believe there are rich, powerful people who wish to sow seeds of discontent and create division amongst the less powerful and poorer sections of the populace, for control.and to prevent themselves coming under scrutiny or attack. The media are complicit, as stories of war and hatred sell better than stories of peace and cooperation. I remember years ago hearing a story from the era of mods and rockers, about how some media guys had found a group of mods on Brighton beach and encouraged them to go into the town and pick a fight with a group of rockers, so they could report on it. (They may even have paid them, not sure on that though)

My point is that we should not let them divide us. Governments come and go, "News" comes and goes, but none of them are working for our interests, so I suggest that the best way forward is ignoring them and supporting each other.

In the words of The Beloved - Lets come together, in sweet harmony.

Parents
  • This forum has become Conspiracy Theory Central.

Cry

• Is this not simply a reflection or echo of the wider world at these times of heightened tensions and discontent........with apparently most things?!

It is pretty exhausting to look at - and "woe betide" trying to make neutral comments !!

• "woe betide" trying to make neutral comments !!

It is very hard to make a truly neutral comment as people are so polarised these days. I have tried basing my comments off facts where possible but there is always the risk someone will disagree because the facts do not support their point of view.

I often find I have to just abandon a response as I realise that someone or another may take exception to it, so I end up just not participating as I would like to.

I personally don't think that heavy censoring of opinions is a healthy thing as it infantalises the vast majority to cater for the sensitive minority, but I self censor now because of this.

• I'm not self censoring enough, apparently! 

Finally, someone in teh site admin decided I'd really crossed a line, and I have 30 days of being "on moderation". 

Now some poor soul has to wade though anything I post and decide if it's within the rules. 

I took me a nice long break from posting about a month ago, and just talked to a few people on P.M's (some of my friends list people actually are becoming "real people" to me, and I look forwards to getting a PM. 

I could do that, and give whoever it is who censors me an easy time, OR I could use it s a learning exercise and map out exactly what posts are allowed, and which ones break the rules.. Kinda like  "Battleships"...

Just kidding.

I'll cut back on the posting, I think, because there's litte point in answering something and having it appear 2 days later..

• I agree with all you say.

Reply Children
No Data