Attending a concert

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has any advice/ could share theyre experience going to wembely and concerts with either anxiety or autism. I'm going next Thursday to Taylor swift and have been looking forward to seeing Taylor for years. There's no way I'm not going but since buying the tickets my anxiety has gotten a lot worse. I struggle with levaing the house particularly without my mum and am going with a group friends who although are supportive want to que for a recent while and get a good spot/view. We have early entry and in the largest pit bit and I can get quite clastrobic. Aswell as hot in crowds which is a sensory issue. I also get very anxious when I don't have water on me and so the water situation is making me quite nervous. I'm a massive massive fan and have been obsessing over it for ages and really worried my anxiety is going to ruin it. Does anyone have any tips or experiences to make me feel more at ease. Plan on bringing earplugs, fans and sunflower lanyard but worried that isn't going to cut it: Thank you
Parents
  • Hi Rose,

I don't know if this will help much as you are going with friends but I was at Wembley a few weeks ago as my husband is a massive Bruce Springsteen fan.  We had standing but we stayed fairly near the back and the side (right if looking at the stage) so that I could go to the loo or to the bar and easily find him again.  It was an OK spot although I did get a tad frustrated by the constant traffic of people but I think any large event that happens.  There was a free water tap near where we were stood that people were filling plastic glasses with (these weren't readily available but they had got them from previous drinks).  I had my loops in all the time and a sunflower lanyard too.  There was a bit towards the end where (not to get people out it appeared to be part of the show), all the floodlights were turned on for about 4 songs before going off again, I found this pretty overwhelming and put my hood up, so I'd recommend taking some sunglasses as well in case that happens.
    At the end we also waited quite a while to leave until it calmed down and went back via Wembley Central which is more of a walk and was still quite busy but not too bad.
    The only other tip I can think of, is sing, dance, sing your heart out and try and dance your anxiety away.  Take care!

• Hi Rose,

I don't know if this will help much as you are going with friends but I was at Wembley a few weeks ago as my husband is a massive Bruce Springsteen fan.  We had standing but we stayed fairly near the back and the side (right if looking at the stage) so that I could go to the loo or to the bar and easily find him again.  It was an OK spot although I did get a tad frustrated by the constant traffic of people but I think any large event that happens.  There was a free water tap near where we were stood that people were filling plastic glasses with (these weren't readily available but they had got them from previous drinks).  I had my loops in all the time and a sunflower lanyard too.  There was a bit towards the end where (not to get people out it appeared to be part of the show), all the floodlights were turned on for about 4 songs before going off again, I found this pretty overwhelming and put my hood up, so I'd recommend taking some sunglasses as well in case that happens.
    At the end we also waited quite a while to leave until it calmed down and went back via Wembley Central which is more of a walk and was still quite busy but not too bad.
    The only other tip I can think of, is sing, dance, sing your heart out and try and dance your anxiety away.  Take care!

Children
No Data