Attending a concert

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has any advice/ could share theyre experience going to wembely and concerts with either anxiety or autism. I'm going next Thursday to Taylor swift and have been looking forward to seeing Taylor for years. There's no way I'm not going but since buying the tickets my anxiety has gotten a lot worse. I struggle with levaing the house particularly without my mum and am going with a group friends who although are supportive want to que for a recent while and get a good spot/view. We have early entry and in the largest pit bit and I can get quite clastrobic. Aswell as hot in crowds which is a sensory issue. I also get very anxious when I don't have water on me and so the water situation is making me quite nervous. I'm a massive massive fan and have been obsessing over it for ages and really worried my anxiety is going to ruin it. Does anyone have any tips or experiences to make me feel more at ease. Plan on bringing earplugs, fans and sunflower lanyard but worried that isn't going to cut it: Thank you
Parents
  • I have problems in crowds and noisy venues. Can't easily manage unless seated with people I know left and right - or on end of row.

You say you are with a group of friends. Personally I'd ask them to shield me from the strangers, as it might help to know that I was surrounded by people I know well. I think I'd struggle, but maybe would help you. I'd need ear plugs when there is amplified music or very loud shouting/applause. If the ear plugs don't cut it, a pair of proper ear defenders might enable escape to a quieter place if anxiety is starting to get out of control?

Are you able to have a plan of escape that you could share with your friends? Does the venue make any provision for people with autism who may suffer sensory overload (probably not)?

Actually, I've just checked and Wembley Stadium does have "Sensory and Inclusion Rooms", but these need to be booked in advance. Something for future reference, perhaps (https://help.wembleystadium.com/support/solutions/articles/7000072630-sensory-and-inclusion-rooms)

• I have problems in crowds and noisy venues. Can't easily manage unless seated with people I know left and right - or on end of row.

You say you are with a group of friends. Personally I'd ask them to shield me from the strangers, as it might help to know that I was surrounded by people I know well. I think I'd struggle, but maybe would help you. I'd need ear plugs when there is amplified music or very loud shouting/applause. If the ear plugs don't cut it, a pair of proper ear defenders might enable escape to a quieter place if anxiety is starting to get out of control?

Are you able to have a plan of escape that you could share with your friends? Does the venue make any provision for people with autism who may suffer sensory overload (probably not)?

Actually, I've just checked and Wembley Stadium does have "Sensory and Inclusion Rooms", but these need to be booked in advance. Something for future reference, perhaps (https://help.wembleystadium.com/support/solutions/articles/7000072630-sensory-and-inclusion-rooms)

Children
No Data