This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Riots

This surge in far-right violence is frightening me. I'm dreaming about it and having trouble focusing at the moment. My sensitivities seem to kick off badly when stuff like this is going on.

I keep away from the news best I can but it seems to be everywhere.

How do you deal with the issues out there today?

Parents
  • I wonder if any of  the people  using this forum to spread far-right  bollocks will be prosecuted?  Both the Prime Minister and Home Secretary have been quite  clear that they won't stand for online incitement

• Thought police has been a thing for a while now anyway. People were being visited by police for twitter comments five years ago. People just angrier now. And will probably get angrier.

• Inciting violence is bad though. People could get killed.

• Thank you.  That is kind of you to say.

• Your insight on these matters is incongruous to mine

I read that in leonard nemoys voice lol  

You gotta way with words, man, foreal, far out....  I do too.... In my own special.....way

• You haven't answered my question about what you meant.  You used the term "sides" before I responded with what you claim is instigation.  I was asking what you meant.

You are now attempting to disambiguate and confuse the issue.

You''re last paragraph is an attempt to take the higher ground where non exists.

I really don't wish to interact with you either. I like honest folk

• Your insight on these matters is incongruous to mine.  Notwithstanding, I now feel the call of my bed, so I wish you a thoughtful goodnight, #lestat.

• Well, diametrically opposed terminology (ie your use of the word "left") tends to lead to a conversation about "sides" - ie Left -v- Right.  This was not my instigation.

You opted to elect the term "left" in your instigation.......so your question reflects back to you, for answer,

Anyhow, I've been around the block a few times......and this "type" of interaction is not what I seek here.  Accordingly, I will bid you a good night #mellowjian.

• Honestly tho i've learned nothin new for acid, cause i'm already a semi-genius to begin with. (so humble too ! lool) but it definitely gets you outside the box.And not at all unpleasant or scary, to me atleast.

Umhhh....not sure that this moves us any further forward in this matter.......not that I was seeking progression.

See , there's that robotic talk again. It is like spock. (call me.... kirk) The extreme male brain theory is right , autism is skewed towards overly, analytical, mechanical rigid style of thought, and studies have shown this theory to be valid. I'm saying, balancing the brain is important, now whether that's a progressive thing, is entirely subjective. And whether it should be sought, is entirely personal.

You might say acid is  LEFT (progressive) side, and  Fear of psychedelics is a RIGHT (regressive) side thing. And this is historically the case.

• Honestly tho i've learned nothin new for acid, cause i'm already a semi-genius to begin with. (so humble too ! lool) but it definitely gets you outside the box.And not at all unpleasant or scary, to me atleast.

Umhhh....not sure that this moves us any further forward in this matter.......not that I was seeking progression.

See , there's that robotic talk again. It is like spock. (call me.... kirk) The extreme male brain theory is right , autism is skewed towards overly, analytical, mechanical rigid style of thought, and studies have shown this theory to be valid. I'm saying, balancing the brain is important, now whether that's a progressive thing, is entirely subjective. And whether it should be sought, is entirely personal.

You might say acid is  LEFT (progressive) side, and  Fear of psychedelics is a RIGHT (regressive) side thing. And this is historically the case.

Children