Newly diagnosed at 33 years old today.

Hi all,

So after a 4 hour-ish test I finally received the diagnosis. My mum was with me and throughout was telling me that I wasn't autistic, just eccentric etc. but I knew I was. I have known there was something different to me my entire life.  Then they said yes and she was genuinely surprised by it. Apparently I just shut down and seemed ready to move on as soon as I heard. Like my body language etc just changed. 

I got home and I literally fell asleep for 3 hours, my mind hurt.

So now I am at the start of navigating this all. I am lucky that with my partner I don't really have to 'mask' , as soon as I met him I told him I was autistic just not officially diagnosed. But right now I really need him to just lie on top of me with his full body weight, I feel as though I am defragmenting and need to be pulled back together.

I am aware I'm rambling, so I am just wondering wth do I even do to begin this new 'process', I don't want to have to mask anymore. I just kind of need a concise step by step guide on what I need to do to navigate this 'new' though really bloody old reality. 

Any advise would be appreciated.

Parents Reply Children
No Data